Odroid N2: How to Setup and Install Kodi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve gone with using a Backup and Restore of the Kodi configuration. See the new thread here on QQ:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...o-play-mch-from-a-configuration-backup.28486/
This can be applied to any Kodi install not just the Odroid N2 and C4 as it’s not a drive image and contains only platform/device independent add-ons and settings, although the System, Audio Settings for HDMI may need to be changed for non AMLogic Kodi installs as my Backup file was created on an Odroid N2.

Hello,

I have just bought my 4th Odroid N2+ to set up for a friend of mine. The download version of coreELEC is 20.2_Nexus. The setup is still ongoing, though I have noticed some items that may need a refresh, clarification or assistance.

1) During the running of the installtoemmc script via putty, and if the eMMC chip is not in the board socket, the script will fail with an error that "eMMC is not installed". The script did not run after that.
2) If the eMMC chip is installed and it was bought with Linux already installed, and then the Odroid is powered on, the Odroid will boot to Linux and not to CoreELEC4. Connection to the Odroid via putty with default user ID and password will not work. After the files are deleted from the eMMC chip, the Odroid did boot off the microSD installed with Coreelec and the installtoemmc script did work.
3) Running the installtoemmc a second time no longer appears to be needed, the script gives an error message if the script is run after the transfer of the Coreelec from the microSD to the eMMC.
4) When setting up to run Kodi from the configuration backup with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin (CoreElecBackupN2.tar), Kodi appears to be in a infinite loop at the "building menu please wait" step. It has been looping on that now for a couple of hours. So I'm stuck here now.

I have been successful with 3 previous installs on the same Odroid device, so it is a little surprising that it is not gong as smoothly this time. Thanks for the help.

The latest versions of Kodi now include the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and many changes since my original post. My Kodi configuration backup was done on an earlier version of Kodi than 20.2. Based on your comments it looks like it’s not compatible. Try rebooting and see if the skin menu rebuild, otherwise post on the CoreElec forum. I don’t have an N2 now can't update the backup.

The latest versions of Kodi now include the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and many changes since my original post. My Kodi configuration backup was done on an earlier version of Kodi than 20.2. Based on your comments it looks like it’s not compatible. Try rebooting and see if the skin menu rebuild, otherwise post on the CoreElec forum. I don’t have an N2 now can't update the backup.
I have rebooted the N2 and the Aeon Nox Silvo skin comes up without the infinite loop. I have not seen if the results are as expected. I also have wondered to edit or delete some of the menu items (like "Quad Music"), since I don't carve out my collection in that way. Perhaps this organization is to get the correct Codec display within Kodi? My sorting of albums by artist and then year also does not seem to work. :confused:

Yes the ‘Quad Music’ and other music menu nodes only work is your music is in sub folders containing ‘Quad’ in the folder path etc. That same folder naming rule allows my Kodi skin mode to display the Quad codec label (and Atmos etc). You can customise And remove those menu nodes easily.

The Sorting can be changed in the Kodi view by navigation left into the pop out side menu. What you set there is saved for that view.

Yes the ‘Quad Music’ and other music menu nodes only work is your music is in sub folders containing ‘Quad’ in the folder path etc. That same folder naming rule allows my Kodi skin mode to display the Quad codec label (and Atmos etc). You can customise And remove those menu nodes easily.

The Sorting can be changed in the Kodi view by navigation left into the pop out side menu. What you set there is saved for that view.
I have done the sorting a lot via the navigation left side menu. The sorts are no longer taking and it is just showing most recent folders to oldest folders.

How can those nodes be modified? I have been digging around in the .xml files to find them.

Back