Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, my favorite Tull album! I have a three disc expanded import. It does have a live concert DVD-V (audio only), which features discrete info on all three front channels.

I'm not sure how many channels SU's master tape has, but I would love to hear it in 4.0 or 5.1. Broadsword is another I would SO love to hear in surround.

For Tull I would LOVE to hear Songs From The Wood!

IMHO, my favorite Tull album! I have a three disc expanded import. It does have a live concert DVD-V (audio only), which features discrete info on all three front channels.

I'm not sure how many channels SU's master tape has, but I would love to hear it in 4.0 or 5.1. Broadsword is another I would SO love to hear in surround.

By Stand Up, Tull were recording on 8 tracks. Benefit was 8 tracks also, and the surround mix turned out well. But there are concerns that the multitracks for SU are missing.

Hehehe! Since I can't remember if I responded earlier....I get to pick another...:banana:

ELO Greatest Hits....WOW!! Bring on the QUAD!!

You did, it was Cat Scratch Fever :spot. Double Live Gonzo would be awesome loud in surround :friday:

By Stand Up, Tull were recording on 8 tracks. Benefit was 8 tracks also, and the surround mix turned out well. But there are concerns that the multitracks for SU are missing.

That's what I figured, cause if the multis were there, there might have at least been a stereo remix on the deluxe edition like there was for "This Was".
Really looking forward to "Minstrel", then wake me up when it's 2017 when the "Songs from the Wood" deluxe edition comes out. ;)

Bjorn Riis - Lullaby in a Car Crash. Excellent album by Airbag's guitar player. In fact all Airbag catalogue in surround would be nice

Airbag? LOL! That's a funny name. So....they are called Airbag...and they have a song called Car Crash? lmao!

Norwegian sense of humour :)
Seriously speaking, they are one of the pink Floyd clone bands that have been able to better evolve and get their own sound, while still keeping the floydish touch. Have a listen!

Björk's Vulnicura would also make a wonderful surround record, specially taking into account her previous 5.1 mixes. I can imagine Vulnicura's beautiful orchestrations completely filling my room.
I wonder why she gave up mixing her records in surround after Volta

Its Peter Gabriel's Birthday so would love to listen to more of his solo in 5.1.
Hard choice on which album to pick, will go with his 3rd solo as so many great songs from song 1 Intruder to last song Biko its a masterpiece.

Steely Dan "Aja" even if they don't have all the multitracks! The TFF songs where there was no multi's available, Steven produced a pseudo surround I think that sounded pretty good.

I replied to the top 10 thread, this thread is a little more tricky.

Ambrosia's first album sounds great, engineered by Alan Parsons. We listen to the CD at home in NEO/DTS mode, love to hear the closing track "Drink of Water" in surround.

I would love a 5.1 mix of Dave Matthews Band's "Before These Crowded Streets" - the layers of Tim Reynold's electric and acoustic guitars along with Dave's acoustic and Greg Howard's Chapman Stick in a track like "The Dreaming Tree" would be great...and Carter Beauford's drumming throughout is amongst his best work. Steve Lillywhite has confirmed on Twitter to me this was recorded all analogue.

I wanted to vote for The Stone Roses debut, but five or so years ago when John Leckie did a Q&A on Gear Slutz I asked him why no 5.1 for the 20th and he said Sony didn't want to put up the money for the studio time, he wanted to do it.

I would love a 5.1 mix of Dave Matthews Band's "Before These Crowded Streets" - the layers of Tim Reynold's electric and acoustic guitars along with Dave's acoustic and Greg Howard's Chapman Stick in a track like "The Dreaming Tree" would be great...and Carter Beauford's drumming throughout is amongst his best work. Steve Lillywhite has confirmed on Twitter to me this was recorded all analogue.

I wanted to vote for The Stone Roses debut, but five or so years ago when John Leckie did a Q&A on Gear Slutz I asked him why no 5.1 for the 20th and he said Sony didn't want to put up the money for the studio time, he wanted to do it.

Wow. Dave Matthews....great pick! :)

Back