One Album Wonders - What Are Your Faves?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Otto suggested this, or a variation thereof. Here are some of my favorite artists who only did one album. Some are very well known, others are obscure. All are GREAT!!

Kindly limit this to only albums you love and would recommend!

He heard Laura Nyro and was moved to write his own.
20070521_330704.jpg

Eclectic solo album, with Skippy doing it all himself. Has achieved cult status and spawned a cover album called More Oar, featuring Robert Plant, among others. I own 4 copies of Oar.
477_foto1_product_groot.jpg

Michael Mainieri w/ lots of NY studio pals. Get the original US 2 LP or Japan 2CD. US CD is abbreviated.
134579.jpg

Blind-Faith.jpg

He had lots of albums with the :smokin Brothers, and other solo stuff in Japan.
Patrick-Simmons-Arcade-349173.jpg

I love Blind Faith and it never occured to me until you posted this that they only released one album. I guess I was confused by the two variations of the cover since I also have the non-pediphile version not featuring the 12 year old toddler. :D

Even on mono SACD, the fidelity isn't great. Still, was there ever a more talented jazz group?
691559.jpg

Spectacular fidelity and performance. Tribute to Benny Goodman.
eddie_daniels_&_gary_burton-bennie_rides_again-front.jpg

If you don't own this 5.1 SACD, you're missing something great!
CCON_1029_SA__12303__01152009112906-1791.jpg

Both produced by Steely Dan honcho Gary Katz and featuring Becker/Fagen and a host of LA's finest studio cats including most of Toto.

EyeToEye-ShakespeareStoleMyBaby-198.jpgRosie-Vela-Zazu-332839.jpg
mcdonaldgiles.jpg

Boy I bet SW could do something with this!

Yeah!, Mary Margaret O'Hara, one of the great eccentrics of music. I like straightforward ancient folk music on one end of the spectrum and yet her kind of avant-guard-yet-very-melodic stuff really appeals to me as well. I guess they are both from the heart; thats what makes it work.

Ken

Last edited:
Yeah Mary Margaret Ohara, one of the great eccentrics of music. I like straghtforward ancient folk music on on end of the spectrum and yet her kind of avant guard yet very melodic stuff really appeals to me as well. I guess they are both from the heart thats what makes it work.

Ken

In a similar vein to MM Ohara, there's Mimi (Goese) - her album "Soak" is superb.

51xXh88vFNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and I'll also mention The Armoury Show, post-punk "supergroup" with Skids and Magazine members.

51TtlH6DgwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This one comes to mind right away. Bob Forest and current Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist Josh Klinghoffer were the main guys in this band. John Frusciante plays on Cereal Song too. They toured with the Chili Peppers around the time this came out. I love this album and really wish they'd done another one.

540_TBT_GoldenvoicePopsongCover.jpg

I was trying to post the Notting Hillbillies album as well but I'm not sure it really fits this as it was just a one-off combo not a one-off artist.
Nevertheless very alluring stuff.

Back