"One That Got Away" Which title is yours?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a second chance offer on Ebay for a Billy Joel Q8 (steetlife serenade) for $40 and didnt take advantage of it. Have only seens this come a few times in 10 years. It still bothers me!

they had a large pile of about 30 Pink Floyd "The Wall" double disc sets in the cardboard longbox, which were I think $24.99.

Drats... i was there when it was released and it had always been a very elusive and pricey title. I got it anyway (Usa version with longbox, still have it), but to see it at 25 bucks would be enough for driving me mad .
AND THERE WERE 30 COPIES ALL TOGHETER??????????
Don't think that in 1993 30 copies of MFSL The Wall were sold in the entire Rome.

The downside of this thread is that it brings back suppressed memories.....and they're suppressed for a reason....

I agree...

I will go with the two examples that fit the forum.

Metallica Black Album DVD-A at a book store for $10

If that is not painful enough. Here goes my ultimate. I still can't get over this one. It makes me wanna cry to even think about it.

I was at a thrift store about a year ago and they had a carrying case full of 8-tracks. I opened it up and what did I find? A whole collection of soul and R&B 8-tracks. All but a couple were quads. I don't remember all the titles, but it was the motherlode of R&B Q8s. They were priced at $2 a piece. I think I was short on cash that week and I was not in an 8-track mood. This was before I had a Q8 player. So I said to myself "8-Tracks here are usually 99 cents, they want 1.99 each for these. I do't want to pay 1.99 each for 8-tracks." I can't even get myself into the rediculous frame of mind that I have must have been in to think that. If I saw that same case today I would't bat an eye at paying $20 each for them. Maybe even more. In fact if I had a time machine. The first thing I would do would be to go back to that day. Walk up to myself. Kick myself in the... Then buy the 8-tracks.

Update: my Boyfriend surprised me with a CD of Minus Seeds and Stems.
3992.jpg

I have no intention of rebuying the Beatles mono LP box, since I own the mono CD box.
blackboxfront.jpg

Did you ever kick yourself for not buying something? ...Minus Stems and Seeds-Sons of Champlin is the title that I most regret not buying. I only saw it once. The Sons are a cult band from San Francisco...It is extremely rare.

The Beatles Mono LP Box is the one I owned and sold. I only saw it once. ... Unlike the mono CD box, it DID include mono "foldover" mixes of Abbey Road and Let It Be.

Linda

When I was working in radio I had the opportunity to meet Jethro Tull. I had the foresight to get Ian to autograph a DCC version of "Aqualung" and the MFSL version of "Living in the Past". I sold them on ebay in 2003 or so and can only imagine what they're worth now. Incidentally; they yielded 600.00 Canadian then...

Back