• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Oppo BDP-93 Blu Ray Player For Sale (FREE Shipping)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like New Condition and very lightly used
Comes in original factory packaging
Includes remote and power accessories
$300.00 Includes Shipping and Insurance
Direct message me at [email protected]

Attachments

• Oppo-1.jpg
    Oppo-1.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Oppo-2.jpg
    Oppo-2.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Oppo-3.jpg
    Oppo-3.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Oppo-4.jpg
    Oppo-4.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 0
I do not know off hand. I recently got the latest firmware update disc from Oppo, which they mail you for free except for $5.00 shipping. That firmware update was for another Oppo player I have and I'm not sure if that will work for the BDP-93. I can include that though as I don't need it anymore as my other Oppo player is totally up to date.

I do not know off hand. I recently got the latest firmware update disc from Oppo, which they mail you for free except for $5.00 shipping. That firmware update was for another Oppo player I have and I'm not sure if that will work for the BDP-93. I can include that though as I don't need it anymore as my other Oppo player is totally up to date.
I ask because support for .ISO playback was added to this model with firmware version 50-0609--and removed again (under pressure from Sony) after version 61-1219. That might or might not be a selling point, depending on the buyer.

I ask because support for .ISO playback was added to this model with firmware version 50-0609--and removed again (under pressure from Sony) after version 61-1219. That might or might not be a selling point, depending on the buyer.
Correct. To clarify, 61-1219 was the last firmware to include ISO support, as I have a BDP-93 using that firmware.
I also have a BDP-93 with older firmware 60-1125B that also includes ISO support.

I just recently bought a BDP-93, is there anyway to revert to these older firmwares?
IIRC, another member on another thread--which I can't find--recently reported that Oppo Customer Support will now agree to "downgrade" the firmware one time, for the standard bench fee, whatever that is these days. (A Benjamin or thereabouts?) I can't remember whether the model in question was a 9x or 10x, though. I also can't remember if one of the conditions was that your unit would no longer be eligible for service afterwards, or if I'm making that up.

Edit: here it is. BDP-95.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/is-oppo-firmware-rollback-possible.25543/post-648816

On a 93, go to Set Up - scroll down to Device Setup. Your firmware version will be listed there. I have a 93 with firmware BDP9X-74-0908 and it plays ISOs.

On a 93, go to Set Up - scroll down to Device Setup. Your firmware version will be listed there. I have a 93 with firmware BDP9X-74-0908 and it plays ISOs.
Interesting. My understanding (and @Rileyrott's, above) was that BDP9X-61-1219 was the last version of the firmware to support ISO playback--and that the feature was disabled starting with 64-0119B. (I think the final distributed version of the BDP9X firmware was 85-0106B.) That's what the FAQs at Watershade.net say, anyway. I'd love to hear that that info is wrong, though!

When I bought my BDP-203, I was disappointed to find that it did not play ISOs and SACD-Rs. I wrote to Oppo's support team and they informed me the last model that would play those was the 93 and they replied, "It would have to be a very early firmware (74-0908)". So, when I went searching for a used one I was able to find one with that firmware and it indeed does play both ISOs and SACD-Rs.

Oppo used to have a firmware history page on their site that is no longer there but I made a copy of it (attached). It does say that the March 6, 2012 update is the one that dropped the ISO support but I guess they delayed that change until the March 18, 2013 update BDP9X - 77-038B.

Attachments

• OPPO BDP 93 Firware History.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
Back