• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parting with my QRX-9001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jptl

I have a QRX-9001 that I have to part with. It's simply too big and I never got into Quad audio like I thought I might.
This quad is in beautiful shape cosmetically and appears to be complete (knobs/buttons, etc). It absolutely dominated my stereo closet when I had it set up, and dwarfed other vintage components.
As far as it's circuitry and internals, it works well except that I've noticed an occasional drop of one channel when in Quad mode. I attributed this to a balance pot needing a thorough cleaning, but then I read something about solders letting go in these. I do know that this behavior is intermittent, so I don't believe that anything's 'burned out'.
I don't know enough about these Sansui's to speculate as to what the issue is. In fact I don't know enough about electronics to speculate.
I was going to put it up on eBay, and may still do that, but I want to describe it properly.
I'm more than happy to be the ears and eyes for any forum members who are interested in buying this, or just want to steer me in the right direction as to what to check before I describe it in a sale listing.
As far as pricing, I'm just going to look at what they sell for on eBay and weigh in other factors like its condition (good or bad) and if somebody wants to pick it up locally, the aggravation that I'd save in having to properly package this beast for shipment.
I live in Maryland in the DC Suburbs.
J.P.

EDIT: Since the rules on this forum state: "YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO ADVERTISE YOUR ITEMS IN THE QQ SWAP MEET SECTION" Please don't consider this as a 'For Sale' post. More of a socitation for advice on how to properly represent this Quad. I won't be advertising this in QQ Swap Meet, so maybe Swap Meet is the wrong forum to post in. I guess eBay will be my option when I'm ready to list this. I'm not sure if QQ Forum frowns on posting a link to an eBay auction, but I'll look into that.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back