Paul Simon Grammy Tribute Concert, 12/21/22

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
It did get a little twangy at times. Maybe its just me but Simon looks and sounds frail.
Paul did turn 81 in October and yes, he did look a bit frail and his vocal prowess is not what it used to be but he's still active in the music biz composing music for other artists as diverse as John Mayer, Eminem and Pentatonix!

Thoroughly enjoyed the show ...... and why nitpick ...the man IS a musical genius and his music does lend itself to diverse intepretations!

Paul Simon's Health: Should Fans Be Concerned About Paul Simon's Health Right Now?

Last edited:
Now, if Paul could only cast aside his aversion to have his QUAD albums for Columbia Records released in pristine QUAD SACD remasters and Bridge Over Troubled Water and the [alleged] QUAD remix of BOOKENDS, we'd ALL be HAPPY CAMPERS!

PAUL SIMON -
Paul Simon. Columbia PCQ-30750 (SQ), CAQ-30750 (Q8), CBS Q-69007
(SQ) [UK], CBS/Sony SOPN-42 [previously SOPM-108] (SQ) [Japan]
Paul Simon. CBS/Sony SOPD 16 (SQEP) [Japan]
Paul Simon "There Goes Rhymin' Simon". Columbia 7Q 32280 (SQEP)
{Includes-Kodachrome, Was A Sunny Day, Loves Me Like A Rock, Take Me to the
Mardi Gras}
Still Crazy After All These Years. Columbia PCQ-33540 (SQ),
CAQ-33540 (DQ8), CBS Q-69035 (SQ) [UK], CBS Q 86001 (SQ) [Netherlands]
There Goes Rhymin' Simon. Columbia PCQ-32280 (SQ), CAQ-32280
(DQ8), CBS/Sony SOPM-109 (SQ) [Japan], CBS Q-69035 (SQ) [UK]

Paul did turn 81 in October and yes, he did look a bit frail and his vocal prowess is not what it used to be but he's still active in the music biz composing music for other artists as diverse as John Mayer, Eminem and Pentatonix!

Thoroughly enjoyed the show ...... and why nitpick ...the man IS a musical genius and his music does lend itself to diverse intepretations!

Paul Simon's Health: Should Fans Be Concerned About Paul Simon's Health Right Now? 's Health: Should Fans Be Concerned About Paul Simon's Health Right Now?

I will quickly say the only two forms of music I truly despise is CW and opera. Everything else in between is where I live. Now in this case I was surprised at the frequency of country singers performing. But they did pretty darn good, I guess partly because they weren't performing country/western songs!

And Paul looked & sounded frail to me as well. But at least he was there. Otherwise it would be a posthumous event. Call it Concert for Paul.

Sure made me wistful for Garfunkel's voice at times. And glad that I do have some QuadraSimon on LP's.

I will quickly say the only two forms of music I truly despise is CW and opera. Everything else in between is where I live. Now in this case I was surprised at the frequency of country singers performing. But they did pretty darn good, I guess partly because they weren't performing country/western songs!

And Paul looked & sounded frail to me as well. But at least he was there. Otherwise it would be a posthumous event. Call it Concert for Paul.

Sure made me wistful for Garfunkel's voice at times. And glad that I do have some QuadraSimon on LP's.
I find it very odd that Art wasn't there in the audience even. Was he? did I miss him?

I find it very odd that Art wasn't there in the audience even. Was he? did I miss him?
I too lamented the absence of Art and his gorgeous voice but after all it WAS Paul's night and perhaps Garfunkel felt his presence may have detracted from THE MAIN EVENT!

Hopefully, Art was there .... in SPIRIT!

Appreciate all the reports. So how was the sound? (And did anyone manage to record it?)
Except for the TOTAL LACK of anything approximating a discrete soundstage, the sonics were excellent with more than ample bass extension!

Let's put it this way, If PARAMOUNT ever decided to release the video with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack the overheads and rears would only output THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE!

Last edited:
I was really disappointed that garfunkel never showed up. That would have been sublime. I liked that slow first verse of loves me like a rock the best

Except for the TOTAL LACK of anything approximating a discrete soundstage, the sonics were excellent with more than ample bass extension!

Let's put it this way, If PARAMOUNT ever decided to release the video with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack the overheads and rears would only output THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE!
Bass was great. Switched from DD 5.1 to 7.1 all channel stereo (Yamaha) for 🤫 best sound.

Back