Paul Simon Grammy Tribute Concert, 12/21/22

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for the TOTAL LACK of anything approximating a discrete soundstage, the sonics were excellent with more than ample bass extension!

Let's put it this way, If PARAMOUNT ever decided to release the video with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack the overheads and rears would only output THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE!

Bass was great. Switched from DD 5.1 to 7.1 all channel stereo (Yamaha) for 🤫 best sound.
LOL.... I listened to it on the 48" LED in the bedroom. I do have 3.0 surround system in there but didn't use it . I would have expected a standard audience/reverb in the rear perspective based on the type of production it was.

Seems like an interesting and possibly contentious topic for a new thread!

I view country/western and opera at opposite ends of the musical spectrum. Listening to either for just a couple of minutes is just torture to me. At the same time I mean no disparage to those that do like this music. Certainly it is the musical diversity that means there is something for everyone to enjoy.

The KC area I live in is proud of it's jazz & BBQ heritage. While the latter is (deliciously!) in good standing, jazz is long gone as the dominant music form. The city had transitioned into top 40 even before the British Invasion. And CW is what you will hear, most likely, at a bar, restaurant, performance...

Back