Penteo Burnable/Downloadable Demo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penteosurround

The Summer 2008 downloadable/burnable DVD is now online at www.penteosurround.com.

Sorry, no rewind, no fast forward, no cut selection in this public demo. No bass management, you'll have to provide your own. (Bass is where the original mixer placed it, usually in the center.)

Audio pros can have a full demo sent by filling out the form online. Enjoy!

Feel free to lobby and email your favorite record company and stereo retailer chain executives to contact Penteo for processing services!

-John

Quite eclectic selection, which for a demo is a nice feature... the full DVD does showcase also what other modes, other than the Focused Center?
IMHO raising the rear of +3db gives a very nice soundfield.
One question: what source you have used for "burning love", since there are many variations on the EP digital discography?
For sure, pushing the rear +3db, does sounds a lot more quad than many SQ/CD4/.../SACD that has been produced from multitrack masters.

PS: what about a old Ramones song for the next demo? Sheena, Rockaway....

I have now also uploaded a Diffused Center demo; same cuts. You might find that the rears sound a bit hotter in this mode (they're not, the fronts are slightly lower). They all downmix the same. The full demo includes some motion picture excerpts (2 15-minute clips) and full cuts, each in Focused Center, Diffused Center, and 3.0.

As always, solo the left rear and right rear channels; you are guaranteed to hear things that you've never heard before.

Burning Love came from the Nipper's Greatest Hits remaster; I cleaned it up considerably. All analog source material requires extensive cleanup before the processing can work; read the white paper on the website for more details.

I still have the one Penteo demo dvd from way back when, that one I still listen to. You need the record companies to let you start selling these ala ipod/itunes. You could call it Penteotunes.

I still have the one Penteo demo dvd from way back when, that one I still listen to. You need the record companies to let you start selling these ala ipod/itunes. You could call it Penteotunes.

The process has evolved considerably in the last few months and is much cleaner and more stable now. Please feel free to write the record company executives!

I spent some time with some tunes John did with the Penteo system a month or so ago, and quite honestly there were some that sounded astounding. It was impressive that the vocal tracks could be "pulled apart" from the stereo mix.

Another thing that John pointed out that I did not realize or understand was that if you take a Penteo surround mix and "put it back", it's identical to the stereo source. This allows the simultaneous broadcast of a stereo/surround signal - I think.......

I spent some time with some tunes John did with the Penteo system a month or so ago, and quite honestly there were some that sounded astounding. It was impressive that the vocal tracks could be "pulled apart" from the stereo mix.

Another thing that John pointed out that I did not realize or understand was that if you take a Penteo surround mix and "put it back", it's identical to the stereo source. This allows the simultaneous broadcast of a stereo/surround signal - I think.......

It does. That's one of the selling points for using it for surround broadcasting.

There's now an ELO sampler in DTS, 9 minutes long, for you to try. Please comment. I'll be adding an on-site message board soon.

Back