Peter Gabriel I/O (2CD/Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix out 12/1!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US Tour (first) presale happening in one hour for shows in Sept/Oct. Sign up for his mailing list to get access: petergabriel.com

"The North American leg of i/o - The Tour, produced by Live Nation, will find Peter Gabriel performing in Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Stay tuned for future tour date announcements in Washington, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul, Denver, Austin, Dallas and Houston."

Last edited:
US Tour (first) presale happening in one hour for shows in Sept/Oct. Sign up for his mailing list to get access: petergabriel.com

"The North American leg of i/o - The Tour, produced by Live Nation, will find Peter Gabriel performing in Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Stay tuned for future tour date announcements in Washington, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul, Denver, Austin, Dallas and Houston."
Great news! Anybody know the presale code?

so I still do not have an Atmos set up.
I still only have a 5.1 surround set up.
Today was the first day I listened to these I/o Atmos mixes down mixed to 5.1 though my Apple TV.
OMG...these are the best Atmos mixes I have ever heard on streaming.
If these mixes do not eventually get released on a Blu-Ray, it will be a huge missed opportunity for surround audio.

:)

so I still do not have an Atmos set up.
I still only have a 5.1 surround set up.
Today was the first day I listened to these I/o Atmos mixes down mixed to 5.1 though my Apple TV.
OMG...these are the best Atmos mixes I have ever heard on streaming.
If these mixes do not eventually get released on a Blu-Ray, it will be a huge missed opportunity for surround audio.

:)
As I mentioned on the first track release, this is the first mix I have run across where the side channels have more volume than the front channels, and that same mix style carried over to the second track. Really love the second track especially.

And here's the new single "Playing For Time". I really like this one. A departure from the sound of the two previous tracks. He mentioned Randy Newman in the Full Moon update and that influence is clear. This one is really beautiful.

Not in Atmos yet on Apple Music. I guess we'll get that in two weeks' time.

Really like this song and yes you sure can here the similarity to Randy Newman on this one.

As I mentioned on the first track release, this is the first mix I have run across where the side channels have more volume than the front channels, and that same mix style carried over to the second track. Really love the second track especially.
Agree, a really fantastic Atmos mix on The Court.

Kinda like Peter coming back and showing who's the boss/King.

Steven W has to be listening.

Agree, a really fantastic Atmos mix on The Court.

Kinda like Peter coming back and showing who's the boss/King.

Steven W has to be listening.
Peter, PLEASE give the Atmos treatment to your solo catalog, especially So and Us (and Shock the Monkey at least). We are all a massive captive (and paying) audience!

E-mail from Peter this morning says that the "Inside Mix" of the third single "Playing For Time" is now available to stream on Apple & Amazon. I don't see it on Apple yet. :(. He also says another announcement is coming later today. I assume it will either be more tour dates or the album's release date.
Got the mail this morning and I am hoping for the album release date as I am seeing him on June 25th in Dublin. I know he will only play a few select tracks but it would still be nice to have the album before then and hopefully a physical Atmos release.

E-mail from Peter this morning...... says another announcement is coming later today. I assume it will either be more tour dates or the album's release date.

Follow-up email is announcement of addition American tour dates in Washington, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul, Palm Springs, Denver, Austin, Dallas and Houston.

Anyone have any insight as to if the atmos mixes will ever be available in some non-streaming physical form? I much prefer getting things on blu-rays that I feel I can keep permanently and won't potentially disappear. I'm just not streaming guy. Yes I understand that's kind of where it's at and maybe at some point a change would happen but I really really like having my things on physical media instead. I'm hoping at the very least there might be some sort of deluxe box set That includes it or maybe it would be an SDE limited run.

Thanks for any insight.

Anyone have any insight as to if the atmos mixes will ever be available in some non-streaming physical form? I much prefer getting things on blu-rays that I feel I can keep permanently and won't potentially disappear. I'm just not streaming guy. Yes I understand that's kind of where it's at and maybe at some point a change would happen but I really really like having my things on physical media instead. I'm hoping at the very least there might be some sort of deluxe box set That includes it or maybe it would be an SDE limited run.

Thanks for any insight.
No, no one knows.
We're only a bit into a year-long promotion, so it won't be anytime soon.

New song I/O now available on my music streaming service Tidal. Full song is 3.52 long.

Another winner in my book - this will be a good album, if it ever gets released... :unsure:
I agree, a great series of songs have been presented thus far....while this is a unique and new way of slowly presenting new music, I'd rather have the full album to listen the whole way through in one sitting.

I agree, a great series of songs have been presented thus far....while this is a unique and new way of slowly presenting new music, I'd rather have the full album to listen the whole way through in one sitting.

That's exactly why I haven't auditioned any of them yet. But I do appreciate the responses of those who have- whets my appetite. Looking forward to a physical release; hopefully with surround, but I'm in even if it's just 2 channel.

Back