Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else having issues ripping this disc? I’m using MakeMKV and the initial decryption takes much longer than normal (5 minutes plus). I am then informed of significant errors whilst the disc is ripping. I ordered a replacement and the exact same thing happens.

Is anyone else having issues ripping this disc? I’m using MakeMKV and the initial decryption takes much longer than normal (5 minutes plus). I am then informed of significant errors whilst the disc is ripping. I ordered a replacement and the exact same thing happens.
I had this same issue with the last Gentle Giant Blu-Ray Missing Piece. I never got it to rip and replacements did no good.

Is anyone else having issues ripping this disc? I’m using MakeMKV and the initial decryption takes much longer than normal (5 minutes plus). I am then informed of significant errors whilst the disc is ripping. I ordered a replacement and the exact same thing happen
The initial decryption did take longer than normal, but it did eventually rip.

I have had eventually errors when ripping other discs and have had to abort.

The causes for me have been always HW or Windows related. In the past I removed and reinserted the Sata cable of the optical unit and problem solved. Other recent times I have solved the errors problem by rebooting with poweroff Windows or updating the ripping software to the last versión. And or trying to clean the disc very carefully.

After those solutions I have always been able to rip the same problematic Blu-rays without any errors.

Just to say that sometimes the problems may not be due to a defective disc.

The causes for me have been always HW or Windows related. In the past I removed and reinserted the Sata cable of the optical unit and problem solved. Other recent times I have solved the errors problem by rebooting with poweroff Windows or updating the ripping software to the last versión. And or trying to clean the disc very carefully.

After those solutions I have always been able to rip the same problematic Blu-rays without any errors.

Oh, good advice for sure. But nothing would get the Queen disc 2 to rip fully for me. No problem with Animals or Stop Making Sense (4K) though.

I even bought an external burner and attached it to another computer to see if I could get the Gentle Giant disc to rip and I got the same error even after cleaning.

I had problems for the longest time ripping the Gordon Lightfoot Quadio, it would just spin and spin and never save the title to MKV. It did recognize the disc, but it took way longer than usual.

I gave it a couple weeks, re-tried and it ripped that time without issue! Usually it’s not the disc and as you say, a Windows issue or a hardware issue.

I tried ripping my DSOTM blu-ray and similar issues, i.e. errors reported. I then tried the Alanis Morissette BD and no issues at all! So, it seems thereis something in the Floyd discs that is causing a problem on my system - will investigate further and see if I can crack it.

Have tried some of those with no success, but will try the others - thanks!

Anyone else having problems playing the DTSMA mixes on this new version? (The same mixes on the 5.1 release play fine.) It is happening on two Oppo decks, but I am starting to wonder if it is an HDMI problem with my amp, but that would not explain why the previous BR version of Animals plays these same DTSMA mixes fine.
I sometimes find that when switching through the various audio modes available on a disc on my Oppo 203 using the remote the DTS will not play until I stop playing and then start again and cycle through the audio modes.

Thanks, Stereoptic. I tried that on both machines with no luck. Since no one else is reporting a problem, I think my disc is defective. I'm going to start a return for a replacement.

The initial decryption did take longer than normal, but it did eventually rip.
I had the same experience. Aborted a couple of times as it was taking more than 5 minutes to open the disc, but I decided to just let it run one more time and it eventually opened - I think it took 7-8 minutes or so. After that initial step, it ripped normally.

So, I rebooted the computer, unmounted and remounted the BD drive and hey presto: success! Still took ages to decrypt both PF discs but now have rips with no errors. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

So, I rebooted the computer, unmounted and remounted the BD drive and hey presto: success! Still took ages to decrypt both PF discs but now have rips with no errors. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Windows sometimes chokes.

I have a problem with Windows 10. Accesing Windows File Explorer and opening files with Word, Excel, and some other usual file operations last longer than usual, like having long waiting locks in the system. If anomaly persist, Right mouse button over a file to see tha available applications sometimes it collapses.
I then restart the Windows Explorer process from Task Manager, and everything performs quickly as before. But after two days or so, it happens again.
This has been happening for more than one year, since I installed or changed whatever thing. It was not happening before.

When I have tried ripping a disc with this kind of slowdown locking situation, I have had always problems with retries and Errors accesing the Optical disk unit, also shown in the System Event Log.

I guess this problem could be related, but I never just restarted the Explorer Process after ripping errors. I just do a full reboot with power off... just in case.

Back