HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION) [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Heard in the sound bar Samsung hwq990c playing the atmos mix.
Surely a lot would say that is not a good option.
Agree with the lots of comments about the quality of this edition. 50 years.... Really?
A lot of details of guitars and organ are available at rear channels, that were minimized at the stereo mix.
Strong sound and clean. The surround "play" when can do it.
I think that i am not exaggerate that this experiencie could be compare to the first time that played the album in your life.

Personally I was very pleased to read your review and enjoyment of this release on your sound bar.
A sound bar may not be the very best option, but it is the good reviews written by listeners like you that will ensure the long life of Atmos mixes in the marketplace. Not everyone can afford or have room for a large 5.2.2 or 9.4.6 immersive audio system, we are a very small group and for the labels to know their hard work is reaching and important to, a much wider audience than just us will help to ensure the Atmos doesn't die the crib death the Quad experienced back in the 70s.
Cheers.

Agree with the lots of comments about the quality of this edition. 50 years.... Really?
A lot of details of guitars and organ are available at rear channels, that were minimized at the stereo mix.
Strong sound and clean. The surround "play" when can do it.
I think that i am not exaggerate that this experiencie could be compare to the first time that played the album in your life.
I too have a Samsung HWQ990C, and can confirm that it sounds far better than one would expect from a soundbar. I just wish DSOTM used the wides and heights a teensy bit more, but it is a solid mix

Apologies if this has been asked before but was dsom 5.1 originally mixed in DSD or 24/96?

I'm asking as I heard the 5.1 mix shows signs of being sourced from a DSD master.

Getting to the bottom of a surround listening backlog did not realise i have had this for nearly 6 months and only niw getting round to listening to it. Shame the Parsons Quad mix was not included, point off for that.
I do think the Atmos mix is more surroundy than the 5.1 mix, but James Guthrie does seem to lack the imagination of some recent surround mixes from the likes Bruce Soord and Steven Wilson who both seem to be on a roll, even the recent Zappa boxes.

Back