Pink Floyd Immersion Box Sets Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordanlolss

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anybody knows if the Immersion box sets actually come with DVD-Audio discs?

The listing says it comes with a dvd that has only audio on it, but is this just a DVD-Audio?

Just wondering because this would be the selling point for me.

While I'm talking about the box sets, how are the 5.1 mixes of WYWH and DSOTM?

Thank you!!

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anybody knows if the Immersion box sets actually come with DVD-Audio discs?

The listing says it comes with a dvd that has only audio on it, but is this just a DVD-Audio?

Thank you!!

The audio-only DVDs in the Immersion sets are Dolby Digital 5.1, so it's not lossless audio.
However, the Blu-Ray discs contain LPCM 5.1 @ 96kHz/24 bit and sound AWESOME! :)

Hey, thank you for the reply! But I am wondering if they are DVD-Audio discs?
If I put them in my DVD-Audio player (My car) will they work in 5.1?
My car is the only surround sound system I have, which is why I'm wondering if its actually DVD-Audio, or just 5.1 on a DVD.

Thanks

My car is the only surround sound system I have, which is why I'm wondering if its actually DVD-Audio, or just 5.1 on a DVD.

Thanks

It's just 5.1 on a DVD.

Thanks
Yes - the Dolby 5.1 mix will play. Not sure what you mean by "just 5.1 on a dvd". The format DVD-Audio is just 5.1 on a dvd.

Hello all,

Thank you!!

No. The discs are not DVD-Audio. They are DVD-Video and Blu-Ray.

on an unrelated note Nick Mason was interviewed in Record collector and suggesting that there may be further immersion boxes. and early years box for instance.

Nows teh time to push for that AHM quad mix to get an officail digital release

on an unrelated note Nick Mason was interviewed in Record collector and suggesting that there may be further immersion boxes. and early years box for instance.

Nows teh time to push for that AHM quad mix to get an officail digital release

Yes that would be good, but even before that, let's continue the push for the 5.1 mix of "The Wall" :)
https://www.facebook.com/surroundthewall

Hello all,

Thank you!!

No, they are not DVD-Audio discs, and do not play in the cars (at least in my Acura). It's a shame that they did not include a DVD-Audio portion on those DVDs.

No, they are not DVD-Audio discs, and do not play in the cars (at least in my Acura). It's a shame that they did not include a DVD-Audio portion on those DVDs.

Yeah especially since they were so concerned with putting TWO Dullby 5.1 tracks on there...:ugham:

We have a list of cars with surround from another thread:

Current list updated on 9/21/2012

------------------------------------------------------------------

Acura TL (2004-2007): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS;
(2008-present): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS/DPLII
Acura TL Type-S (2007): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS;
(2008): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS/DPLII
Acura RL (2005-2013): Bose 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS
Acura RDX (2007-present): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS/DPLII
Acura MDX (2007-2013): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS/DPLII
Acura TSX (2009-present): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS/DPLII
Acura ZDX (2010): Panasonic ELS 5.1 System - DVD-Audio/DTS/DPLII

Buick Enclave (2008-present): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video
Buick LaCrosse (2010-present): DVd-Audio/DTS/DD/DVD-Video

Cadillac Escalade ESV (2007): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video
Cadillac Escalade EXT (2007): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video
Cadillac SRX (2007): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video
Cadillac STS (2007): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video
Cadillac STSV (2007): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video
Cadillac DTS (2007-2008): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video

GMC Acadia (2007): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video

Hyundai Genesis (2009-present): DVD-Audio/DVD-Video/DTS-CD

Infiniti M35/M45 (2007-present): Bose DVD-Audio/DVD-Video

Lexus IS (2006-present) Mark Levinson sound system - DVD-Audio/DTS/Dolby Digital/DVD Video
Lexus LS (2007) Mark Levinson sound system - DVD-Audio/DTS/Dolby Digital/DVD Video
Lexus GS (2007) Mark Levinson sound system - DVD-Audio/DTS/Dolby Digital/DVD Video
Lexus ES (2007) Mark Levinson sound system - DVD-Audio/DTS/Dolby Digital/DVD Video

Saturn Outlook (2008): DVD-Audio/DTS/DVD-Video

Yes - I have a JVC Player DVD-A, DVD-V, DTS CD & PLII and there is a Sony SACD player that does SACD, DVD-V & DTS CD.., as well as others...

If you have a blu ray rom drive, you could rip the audio from the blu ray and make a DVD-Audio disc assuming your car stereo will play burned media.

A_L

What is the model number of the Sony that your speak of?
Is there a car deck out there that plays both SACD and DVD-A?

The Sony is MEX DV-2200, note that this model has issues with "gaps" DTS CD playback.

I have the JVC KD-AVX2. I just convert my SACDs to DVD-A... :eek:

I'm not aware of a car player that does both..

Hello all,

Thank you!!

I have them both, and the DVD are DVD-V discs with only Dolby Digital at 448 and a spec-illegal 640kbps which probably will not play on around 50% of players.
Personally speaking I think the Guthrie 5.1 mixes are very poor indeed - the Quads smoke them completely.
The only other problem I have with them is the modern remastering of the Quads as well - the bootleg DVDA of DSOTM has greater dynamic range than the BD version by some distance and the remasters sound a tad muddy by comparison for me too.

Back