Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... He got pretty snippy with me regarding the Pompeii remix. "Mix it yourself" or something along those lines.
What???
Those are suitable grounds to tell him to go f*ck himself and tell him his albun SUCKED (although it didn't but that kind of response is totally uncalled for!)
Hate it when people get like that!
EDIT. well I am SURE you would have done a MUCH better (REAL MCH mix that is) job...

What???
Those are suitable grounds to tell him to go f*ck himself and tell him his albun SUCKED (although it didn't but that kind of response is totally uncalled for!)
EDIT. well I am SURE you would have done a MUCH better (REAL MCH mix that is) job...
Yeah, I was honestly surprised and put-off by it. The conversation revolved around the fact that PF performed in quad, so why not mix some live elements in quad, just to emulate that?
It may have come across as offensive to him, but I don't recall that being the intent. He sure did an amazing job on TDB. Nobody can every take that away from him.
And hopefully there will be some stunning mixes on TLY set.

Yeah, I was honestly surprised and put-off by it. The conversation revolved around the fact that PF performed in quad, so why not mix some live elements in quad, just to emulate that?
It may have come across as offensive to him, but I don't recall that being the intent. He sure did an amazing job on TDB. Nobody can every take that away from him.
And hopefully there will be some stunning mixes on TLY set.
:(

Yeah... He got pretty snippy with me regarding the Pompeii remix. "Mix it yourself" or something along those lines.
I'm very glad to be getting these releases but a near monopoly is never a good thing.
It was long ago but look at the different style a certain Parsons brought to the mixing desk.

What???

Yeah, I can't imagine why a Grammy-nominated engineer who's spent nearly 40 years making a name for himself would bristle at being talked to like this, or why he seemingly doesn't frequent these parts at all anymore... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't imagine why a Grammy-nominated engineer who's spent nearly 40 years making a name for himself would bristle at being talked to like this, or why he seemingly doesn't frequent these parts at all anymore... :rolleyes:
I can confirm that Andy is fed up with all forums like this one. And he's not interested in reading any reviews of his work. Can't say I blame him.

I can confirm that Andy is fed up with all forums like this one. And he's not interested in reading any reviews of his work. Can't say I blame him.

I thought he was treated quite well here, and got a very postitive attitude toward his two surround releases. We did all we could to promote them. Stuff like this always bums me out. I hate to hear about "industry folks" getting "fed up with our forum". :(

I thought he was treated quite well here, and got a very postitive attitude toward his two surround releases. We did all we could to promote them. Stuff like this always bums me out. I hate to hear about "industry folks" getting "fed up with our forum". :(

Perhaps when the accolades pour in for PF: The Later Years, Andy will return victorious to that sometimes 'vicious'/always opinionated world wide net!

Last edited:
Back