Playing Burned DVD-As in Acura RDX

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Hi all.

Someone in my family just got a 2013 Acura RDX a few weeks ago that can play DVD-A, so I was making copies of some of my DVD-As to use in the car, but none of them worked!
Has anybody who has an Acura with DVD-A successfully gotten burned DVD-As to work, and if so, what was your process in making the discs?
My process was copying the AUDIO_TS folder (and sometimes the VIDEO_TS folder if the entire disc content was 4.7GB or less) to an external Hard Drive and then using the "Burn" application for Mac to burn the contents to a DVD-R. All of the discs played perfectly fine in my Pioneer Blu-Ray player (which can also play DVD-A), and none of them originally had the watermark protection.

The good news is that all of the DVD-V discs that I made DTS-CDs of played perfectly fine in the car, and they sound great! :)

Its definitely not a watermark issue?? What DVD-A discs are you trying?

If the discs are copy protected you need to remove the copy protection... I assume you've done that?

You could try a different brand of DVD-R or switch to +R...???

Also, for the Acura you need to be sure the DVD-A stream is playable. The Acura will not play the DVD-V (DD or DTS) stream. It's best to use something like HD Audio Solo Ultra to make sure you create a viable DVD-A.

I've burned some DVD-A's to play in my Acura TL. I bought HD Audio Solo Ultra which makes it really easy, even using 5.1 Flac files and converting them to DVD-A. Before that I only burned DVD-A images without watermarks of course. Just copying the folders over never seemed to work for me since the ELS system is pretty picky.

Ok, then I guess I'll have to try some other methods then.

I really hate it how Cirlinca only makes its applications for Windows as I would love to use them on a Mac. I've tried using one of them with Wine, but it just never worked out...

I have used a ton of DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs in my Acuras, but all were made with either WaveLab (obsolete now), or Chrome. I started out with the $99 version of Chrome, which I am not sure is still around.

It can be done. However, I've never tried to just burn an AUDIO_TS folder to a DVD-R and play it.

I've burned some DVD-A's to play in my Acura TL. I bought HD Audio Solo Ultra which makes it really easy, even using 5.1 Flac files and converting them to DVD-A. Before that I only burned DVD-A images without watermarks of course. Just copying the folders over never seemed to work for me since the ELS system is pretty picky.

Is this HD Solo Ultra fairly simple to use to convert DVDV's to Dvd Audio and can it also do BLuray to DVD Audio?

Is this HD Solo Ultra fairly simple to use to convert DVDV's to Dvd Audio and can it also do BLuray to DVD Audio?

You have to get the source files into WAV or FLAC format and then HD Solo Ultra is simple to use to encode these into a DVD-A. So you need something that will first extract the files from DVD-A or Blu-ray into WAV or FLAC before you use HD Solo Ultra.

Keep in mind that HD Solo Ultra does not have MLP capabilities. You cannot create full 96/24 5.1 DVDA. You can
Do FL & FR @ 96/24 and the balance @ 16/48 or variations thereof. Also note that as most DVD A, DVD V & Blu ray are encrypted with copy protection.
They will need decrypting via something like Slysoft before you can extract the audio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back