Porcupine Tree art

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I thought I'd post this poster from their first concert at the Fillmore last year. If people are interested I'll take a photo of the new one next month as well - assuming they hand them out again. Enjoy.

Jon - I know you've said there is plenty of bandwidth at the moment, but if this is too big please let me know.

Attachments

• PT Fillmore.jpg
    PT Fillmore.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 119
Wow! A real throw back to the "good old days"! Thanks for that.

PT really have a knack for visuals. Although the menu screen for In Absentia still scares the crap out of me!:eek:

No free posters last night :( There was some griping on the way out, though it was good natured as the show was excellent :smokin

It was a great show. I find it hard to 'get into' music live that I'm not familiar with, so the first set wasn't my favorite. Though, I think the new album (DVD-A) will be very good. The songs seemed a little more varried than Deadwing, though built around one longer track that seems a lot like "Arriving Somewhere...". The most interesting thing was that SW's amp broke during the first track, while it was being fixed he played 'Even Less' and 'Thank You' (Allanis Morrissette) solo acoustic. The second set was excellent and included tracks not played on the Deadwing tour. He also said that they'd be back in the spring. I guess the new disc will be out fairly shortly. Can't wait to see them again - my wife came with me this time, looks like I have a designated driver next time too ;)

It's a nice one.
Doesn't look like "art" from the band, they are more into photographic derived images. It might have been from an agency or something like that.

I'm pretty sure it's done by the Fillmore. Their poster art from the late 60s is quite famous, I would guess they are carrying on a tradition. When I saw the Dandy Warhols last year they (band) had a poster for sale that was totally different from the free poster (Fillmore) given away upon leaving, so I really don't know if the band has any input at all. Still, I like the poster :)

Back