Portable Surround Sound Systems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received the creative sxfi, and it really qualifies as portable surround, this little thing is really amazing. It brings surround on the walk. By the way, i bought also the creative in-ear headphones, aurvana trio, what a bliss of surround.

Finally got to test out my portable surround system! I'm at a conference in Yosemite, alone, and not much to do at night (it's freezing and there's snow everywhere).
Here's the system in it's case (the only thing not in the case is the laptop) on a double bed to get a sense of scale):
View attachment 38734
View attachment 38735

Here's the components unpacked:
View attachment 38736

Here's The system set up from afar and from the sweet spot:
View attachment 38737
View attachment 38738

It took about 30 minutes to setup and weighs about 50 lbs (OK, so not so portable... but it sounds great!!) Since there's no center or LFE channel, all flac files have to be quad (I use Audacity to convert 5.1 files to quad). I must be crazy (my friends and family think so!)

And no inflatable's!!:)

Finally got to test out my portable surround system! I'm at a conference in Yosemite, alone, and not much to do at night (it's freezing and there's snow everywhere).
Here's the system in it's case (the only thing not in the case is the laptop) on a double bed to get a sense of scale):
View attachment 38734
View attachment 38735

Here's the components unpacked:
View attachment 38736

Here's The system set up from afar and from the sweet spot:
View attachment 38737
View attachment 38738

It took about 30 minutes to setup and weighs about 50 lbs (OK, so not so portable... but it sounds great!!) Since there's no center or LFE channel, all flac files have to be quad (I use Audacity to convert 5.1 files to quad). I must be crazy (my friends and family think so!)

Looks really cool! And I bet it sounds great too... Who needs an iPod - when you can have an iQuad?! :phones

Back