• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

QQ DVD-Audio Demo/Promo/Sampler Gallery (with scans)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Here's an interesting one I found on eBay recently. The first track from Miss E Elliot is an amazing surround showcase. I never got the DVD-A that it came from (So Addictive), but the surround mix on this track is one of the best I ever heard.

DVDE Group Demo Front 600.jpg
DVDE Group Demo Back 600.jpg

quattroatl

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
You should be able to buy "So Addictive" for less than $10, Jon. That particular track that you reference has a ton of bass!

http://www.amazon.com/Missy-Elliott-Miss-E-So-Addictive/dp/B00005M985/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352407753&sr=8-1&keywords=missy+elliott+dvd+audio

Grab it while you can! I did!

NERD, Britney Spears, Missy Elliott, and Alicia Keys dvd-a's are all great mixes and have a few extras on the discs that dvd-a are known for. Collector items for sure!
Thanks quattroatl! I did order one and got in sealed with the detail sticker for $10! 'preciate it. :)

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Thanks to our good friend QQ Member Kal Rubinson from Stereophile, here are the scans for the 2001 WB/Reprise "DVD AUDIO SAMPLER"

WB Sampler 2001 Gray 600.jpg
WB Sampler 2001 Gray Back 600.jpg

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I need to move all of these SACD samplers out of the DVD-A sampler thread. Give me a few and I'll get on it. :)

I have a bunch of SACD samplers I can scan as well. This is something I was going to get around to, ya know? When you get old, you forget stuff! :mad:@:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Here's the deal:

SACD thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/qq-sacd-demo-promo-sampler-gallery-with-scans.9817/

Surround Disc (Non-SACD/DVD-A) thread:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/surround-music-non-dvd-a-sacd-demo-promo-sampler-gallery.16878/

Now everything has a place. QL: You'll have to extract your DTS disc scan from your SACD post and create a new post in the Surround Disc thread.

In a few days, I'm deleting all of these non-DVD-A Sampler related posts for future cleanliness!

Last edited:

LennonCobain

400 Club - QQ All-Star

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yes I bought one of those feeble machines. Seems like I had a different sampler included as I don’t recall this track list. All I know is I had to play Brain Salad Surgery any way I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now the sampler might be worth more than the machine...just saying:violin

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
JVC "Special Edition" - Yes Promo Dvd-a

Also dated 2001, I do not know the particulars on this release. I do know that "Magnification" was not released on DVD-A until June 30, 2002, so this may have been a pre-release deal. The tracks from the House of Blues never showed up as a stand alone DVD-Audio disc.
This one came with my JVC dvd a player and another great sampler, sold off to a member who enjoys it I'm sure. I love these discs. the last one was a Honda sampler paid like $10.00 and my good friend from Canada gave me a great one too. That's the one with the Steve Miller tune. can't decode dvd a right now but it is complete with the beginning and ending sound effects missing from the disc.