Quad receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ress4278

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a receiver or integrated amp that has seperate preamp out and aux inputs fo an out board CD-4 demodulator?
Thanks, Lance

ress4278 said:
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a receiver or integrated amp that has seperate preamp out and aux inputs fo an out board CD-4 demodulator?
Thanks, Lance

Let's see.......are you speaking of:

Quad?
Decent construction and quality?
That would be reliable and good sounding today?
And, that isn't restored and modified with preamp outs like I do?

No..........................

Hello Bob,
I think I can say for all of us it is good to hear from you. Let us know if all is well with you.
Here is a quote from a seller of a Sansui 7001: "No pre outs but it has cd 4 built in for phono or you can use the discreet
4 channel inputs in aux and tape modes for your outboard demod".

Am I mistaken in thinking that the 7001 does have pre amp out. If it does, let me know.

In any case, yes, I am looking for a quad receiver with preamp out and aux for an outboard CD-4 demod.
Lance

Lance,

The seller is correct, you're mistaken on the pre-amp out jacks.

When I restore any of the receivers; 7001/8001/9001, I add preamp out/main amp input jacks to the rear panel as part of the process.

This will offend all you Sansuis out there, but how about a Marantz? If you are looking for good construction, nice styling (in a very '70s way) and good cd4, get a Marantz receiver and a cd-400. As far as the pre ins and outs, I think most if not all of these units had them. I have a Marantz quad integrated amp that puts out only 15 watts per X 4, but it has tons of inputs and has pre outs. The amps are very nice sounding too. Now, about those decoder circuits.....
Marc

When I restore any of the receivers; 7001/8001/9001, I add preamp out/main amp input jacks to the rear panel as part of the process.[/QUOTE]

Hey QuadBob, do you restore 6001 as well? Or would a better move be to find one of the aforementioned above and send it off to you?

Mono Mercenary said:
Hey QuadBob, do you restore 6001 as well? Or would a better move be to find one of the aforementioned above and send it off to you?

It could be done, the QRX-6001 is built on the same chassis as the QRX-7001. So there is only minor differences between the two, power rating, etc.

Its really more a matter of what suits you......ie; if the QRX-6001 has enough power for your setup and you're happy with it.

Also, the restoration is a pretty significant investment......so its also a matter of; The cost is the same to do a QRX-6001 or a QRX-7001, so are you better off spending the money on the more capable model.

Email me and I'd be happy to discuss your particular requirements and the options possible. :D

Back