Quadraphenia Blu Ray; Flac files opened in Audacity. Increasing sub; sounds GREAT!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keenly

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I rated this release a 7 when I received Blu Ray but I think it is more like a 6.

It is very bright with music in center speaker and bass being too low, however the bass is there. With a few adjustments this album can be fantastic.

I am listening to the files in Audacity, go to mixer board and turn sub right up, bass sounds great. John is in the center speaker, with little output to the subwoofer. Listen to the center and sub on their own and adjust. Great stuff by The Ox.

If I knew how to save the tracks; here is what can bring disc(IMO) to a 9/9.5.

Overall Treble down by 3db, center speak up 2db, sub up by 14db

The bass sound on this album is actually great. Unfortunately I have no idea how to save these files and burn a DVD A, but those who do should try this.

Audacity will save files in multichannel if you change it in the settings. It will save the files in however many channels you need.

Click Edit at the top, in the list that comes up select preferences at the bottom. In the preferences menu on the left, select import/export. A list of settings come up and near the middle you will see "Always mix all tracks to stereo or mono mix" that will be selected. The setting under that will be "Use custom mix" and that is the one you want selected for saving multichannel files.

Audacity will save files in multichannel if you change it in the settings. It will save the files in however many channels you need.

Click Edit at the top, in the list that comes up select preferences at the bottom. In the preferences menu on the left, select import/export. A list of settings come up and near the middle you will see "Always mix all tracks to stereo or mono mix" that will be selected. The setting under that will be "Use custom mix" and that is the one you want selected for saving multichannel files.

How do I adjust individual files? I can do it on mixing board to listen but not on wav file. I have some discs that I would love to alter(fronts too loud etc).

Click Edit at the top, in the list that comes up select preferences at the bottom. In the preferences menu on the left, select import/export. A list of settings come up and near the middle you will see "Always mix all tracks to stereo or mono mix" that will be selected. The setting under that will be "Use custom mix" and that is the one yoSu want selectSed for saving multichannel files.

Select which one?

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 122
I need to reduce center by 5 db

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 119
I've been using the gain sliders on the individual channels in waveform view. When I export the file in multichannel, the gain changes are applied to the channels.

where?

I can do it now. I just use mixing board. Cheers for input.

Audacity has become addictive. The Prince titles on HDtracks are so much better with added bass!

Back