R.I.P. Harry Belafonte

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Belafonte, Singer and Civil Rights Icon, Dies at 96

"DAYLIGHT COME ......AND I WANT TO GO HOME" ...And he did on April 25, 2023

R.I.P. To a TRUE TRAILBLAZING Legend who bought us all such joy!

The man was a legend in the studio, on stage and on the big screen. We are very fortunate to have recently gotten a superb Criterion release of the Sydney Poiter directed Buck and the Preacher co-starring Mr. Belafonte.

R.I.P. Monsieur Harry

Buck and the Preacher.jpg

Belafonte!

I'll always have so much respect for the person. Saw many of his movies. Yet, I'll limit myself to praising his musical talents.

His influence will never be overestimated.

Bought everything of his I've been able to find in last 20 years. LP w/Dylan on harmonica. Gold CD of Sings the Blues. Need to get SACD.

Strongly recommend both HK 2ch abbreviated SACD & 3 ch SACD of Carnegie Hall complete. Q8 was an abbreviated album on one tape.

He gets many spins here. Deserves to be played more often!

His music and activism will never be forgotten. RIP

Belafonte!

I'll always have so much respect for the person. Saw many of his movies. Yet, I'll limit myself to praising his musical talents.

His influence will never be overestimated.

Bought everything of his I've been able to find in last 20 years. LP w/Dylan on harmonica. Gold CD of Sings the Blues. Need to get SACD.

Strongly recommend both HK 2ch abbreviated SACD & 3 ch SACD of Carnegie Hall complete. Q8 was an abbreviated album on one tape.

He gets many spins here. Deserves to be played more often!

His music and activism will never be forgotten. RIP
I just picked up the 3 channel Carnegie Hall SACD (had bought it for my father years before when it first came out - he listened to the LP a lot when I was a child) and spun it last night. Great performance and outstanding sound from 1959, making great use of the center channel. RIP

I just picked up the 3 channel Carnegie Hall SACD (had bought it for my father years before when it first came out - he listened to the LP a lot when I was a child) and spun it last night. Great performance and outstanding sound from 1959, making great use of the center channel. RIP
One of my favorite SACDs. It’s also great hearing some songs from different performance nights than on the original. He and his musicians are so precise that it’s subtle but this is one of those cases where, in my opinion, more=better.

Back