Randy Meisner, Eagles Founding Member of Eagles Dead at 77

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that NBC Nightly News. Saw a few other news tributes. I was astounded!

It probably goes w/o saying that the album Meisner was promoting on Epic sold double linoleum, not gold or platinum! I worked for a sister co of Epic at that time!

I've always regretted missing that show. Now that Meisner's gone, I regret it even more. I treasure ALL the work he left us. RIP

IMHO, Meisner was underrated and a MAJOR talent.
I very much agree.
Sadly it's also true of his replacement Timothy B Schmit who was plugged in way back in 1977, and still after 45+ years, tons of Eagles fans don't even know his name. Back when
Meisner left Poco, they plugged him in there, then the same happened with the Eagles. An awesome bass player and singer, he deserves much better recognition than he gets.

I very much agree.
Sadly it's also true of his replacement Timothy B Schmit who was plugged in way back in 1977, and still after 45+ years, tons of Eagles fans don't even know his name. Back when
Meisner left Poco, they plugged him in there, then the same happened with the Eagles. An awesome bass player and singer, he deserves much better recognition than he gets.

When I first saw The Eagles on a video where Schmit was the bass player, I thought he was Meisner. So what you say Sal is sadly very true. So I did a little research and discovered that Schmit is all over the place on a lot of different band's albums:

Schmit.jpg

Back