RCVR: Sansui QRX-999

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post comments and and photos of this quadraphonic receiver in this thread.
We'd love to hear from those who own or have owned this receiver.

Sansui QRX-999

Rarity: RARE

Average Sale Price: $650-$2K+

This is the European version of the SANSUI QRX-9001. The only difference are the voltage selection on the Power Supply and the black faceplate. Other than those changes, it's a QRX-9001.

Brochure Page 1.jpg

Brochure Page 3.jpg
Brochure Page 4.jpg
Brochure Page 6.jpg
Brochure Page 5.jpg
Brochure Page 8.jpg
Brochure Page 7.jpg
Brochure Page 2.jpg

999.jpg Here is my 999 at Vintage stereo restoraration .
Please post comments and and photos of this quadraphonic receiver in this thread.
We'd love to hear from those who own or have owned this receiver.

Sansui QRX-999

Rarity: RARE

Average Sale Price: $350-$1K+

This is the European version of the SANSUI QRX-9001. The only difference are the voltage selection on the Power Supply and the black faceplate. Other than those changes, it's a QRX-9001.

View attachment 3646
View attachment 3650
View attachment 3643
View attachment 3644
View attachment 3647
View attachment 3645
View attachment 3649
View attachment 3648

Fishhead.. What is your serial number? I just got one today and serial number is 237100005. Is that manufacturing in 23 week of 1971 and this is number 5? Thanks.

Fishhead.. What is your serial number? I just got one today and serial number is 237100005. Is that manufacturing in 23 week of 1971 and this is number 5? Thanks.
your unit was built in 1977 october I replied to your private message in more detail 236120040 peace

Hello welcome, Can you please post pictures of the QRX999? Also what is the asking price?

I have been talking to Jim from http://www.qrxrestore.com/ He is going to shoot me a price and I thought I would look at ebay sold list. Does not seem to be to many out there. IMAG0057.jpgIMAG0059.jpgIMAG0060.jpgIMAG0061.jpgI got this QRX-999 from a freind that purchased it when he was in the Army overseas. He did not play it very often it just sat there. When I got it a few years ago it had distorted sound coming out of 2 channels, I never check the back for sound. Now there is no sound something (capacitoror ?) must of finally broken down completely. It is very clean the wood cabinet has some issues on the sides. The veneer on the top is really good but there are two spots on the sides one the size of a dime (side only lower front corner) not too bad the other side the size of a fifty cent piece (rear bottom corner side only) all the sticker are still on sides. . . .The unit itself is in very good condition all buttons in tacked and knobs in great shape. I will attach some photos.

Hello welcome, Can you please post pictures of the QRX999? Also what is the asking price?

I have been talking to Jim from http://www.qrxrestore.com/ He is going to shoot me a price and I thought I would look at eBay sold list. I got this QRX-999 from a friend that purchased it when he was in the Army overseas. He did not play it very often it just sat there. When I got it a few years ago it had distorted sound coming out of 2 channels, I never check the back for sound. Now there is no sound something (capacitor or?) must of finally broken down completely. It is very clean the wood cabinet has some issues on the sides. The veneer on the top is really good but there are two spots on the sides one the size of a dime (side only lower front corner) not too bad the other side the size of a fifty cent piece (rear bottom corner side only) all the sticker are still on sides. . . .The unit itself is in very good condition all buttons in tacked and knobs in great shape. I will attach some photos

Attachments

• IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 344
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 328
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 329
I have been talking to Jim from http://www.qrxrestore.com/ He is going to shoot me a price and I thought I would look at eBay sold list. I got this QRX-999 from a friend that purchased it when he was in the Army overseas. He did not play it very often it just sat there. When I got it a few years ago it had distorted sound coming out of 2 channels, I never check the back for sound. Now there is no sound something (capacitor or?) must of finally broken down completely. It is very clean the wood cabinet has some issues on the sides. The veneer on the top is really good but there are two spots on the sides one the size of a dime (side only lower front corner) not too bad the other side the size of a fifty cent piece (rear bottom corner side only) all the sticker are still on sides. . . .The unit itself is in very good condition all buttons in tacked and knobs in great shape. I will attach some photos

Your QRX 999 looks to be in very good condition . No corrosion on the chassie , all knobs are there, faceplate looks good. The wood is easy to restore. I have sold Jim a Qrx9001 he also restored my QRX999 and QRX9001. On his shop action page he has my front speakers up for display. He is the electrical engeneer for restoring Sansui gear and Kenwood ham radio. The QRX 999 is rare compared to the 9001 same unit inside. On fle bay that unit could go for a good price. If the right people see it and a bidding war happens you might do well. Prehaps start the bid at 500.00 . Most vintage audio fans know that these old units need to be recapped and a total restore done. With upgrades. Good Luck

Thanks for the tips on selling it I did not know the value of this until I started to look around. I will see what Jim says first and maybe check out ebay. The old Sansui stuff is pretty nice I also have a Sansui AU9500 and a TU9500. They both still sound great. . . .

005.jpg
Thanks for the tips on selling it I did not know the value of this until I started to look around. I will see what Jim says first and maybe check out ebay. The old Sansui stuff is pretty nice I also have a Sansui AU9500 and a TU9500. They both still sound great. . . .

Oh sure us Sansui guys gotta stick togather. Your AU9500 was the top of that line . It was the last amp that the founder of Sansui approved. Mr Kikuchi was a perfectionist and demanded high standards. He retired in 1974. Your Au9500 is still preforming thats great . I would like to hear it. A tube like sound from solid state . Here is a picture of my Sansui 838 turntable with a grado cartridge like your AU9500 another winner

Hi, just wanted to show off my new find, Sansui 999 and Akai R to R, both need some work, 999 as a blown fuse 125 v 5 amp, cleaned the pots, I have both A and B front but no rears, any info would be great.
Thanks

IMG_1532.JPGIMG_1535.JPGIMG_1536.JPGIMG_1537.JPG

Nice looking QRX-999 on ebay right now. Seems to be working, at least at some level, and the cosmetics look good. Free shipping. I am tempted, but buying one is just the start of a long expensive process...

Hey there MyCuff I took a look at the 999 on E bay and from the pictures . There are several buttons missing ( glue dries out ) also there are no pictures showing the frame and components. the wood looks ok face plate is acceptable. The back looks good everything there nothing missing. How ever the asking price is far to much. As you know to have a kick ass long lasting unit it needs to be overhauled. ( Big bucks) t hese 999 are a slice of history. Just my 2 cents .
Nice looking QRX-999 on ebay right now. Seems to be working, at least at some level, and the cosmetics look good. Free shipping. I am tempted, but buying one is just the start of a long expensive process...

My new toy, at least it powers up! Filthy inside, hope to try it out later this week on a few records. IMG_2964.jpgIMG_2965.jpgIMG_2966.jpg

Back