Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course the more you reveal the more I'm curious about...

So your putting windows in a non functional attic? It's a nice deign touch but yet another expense & how useful would they be? Or will they be fake windows like at CVS?

RE: Big ass windows. Yup I see a lot of glass going to be there. I know you will be using projector & those only work best in dark environments. What will you be using for light proofing? In the conference room at the retina practice I worked at, before large flat panels became common, we used a projector. They had motorized light proof blinds that rode up & down in tracks & they really worked well. They should for what they cost.

At least in my humble Bassment I have only one window to black out on the AV side so its easy & cheap for good viewing.

Edit: looking back at the first post I see entry is through the mud room so no light from the front door. And the Great Room (which it certainly will be) has only one large window to deal with. Right?
Hi Sonik
just a few smaller decorative window units in the bump outs, and a lil baby one over the garage doors Sometimes form wins over function
There is indeed one big window in the media room. I currently have 3 big windows and a glass door in my current set up. And a projector. I have no problems by using light blocking blinds. Ill have a light blocker on the new digs ( but not motorized -- ). And I will put a blocker on the main door too.

I think the solar question was about having panels on the roof not the field/lawn.

I have always balked at the idea because, I've assumed, if you need to have any work done on the roof, you are responsible for the cost of removal and re-installation of the solar panel. I would think that isn't cheap.
ahhhhhhh. I was thinking panel farm.
Nope --never on the roof. Way too many issues ( trapped / collected moisture = mold and rot )

From A Window ( killer song by the FabFour )
windows are installed !

345barnwindows.jpg

the Next Steps upcoming in the next 2-3 months
1. need to get garage portion of barn floor poured. Hopefully this week
2. Build out the utility room ( houses the furnace, water heater, etc ) in barn garage after the floor is poured
3. then plumbing rough in
4. then HVAC rough in
5. then electrical rough in
6. then Audio / video rough in
7. then wall insulations
8. then drywall
9. then attic insulations

the Next Steps upcoming in the next 2-3 months
1. need to get garage portion of barn floor poured. Hopefully this week
2. Build out the utility room ( houses the furnace, water heater, etc ) in barn garage after the floor is poured
3. then plumbing rough in
4. then HVAC rough in
5. then electrical rough in
6. then Audio / video rough in
7. then wall insulations
8. then drywall
9. then attic insulations
Good thing you won that billion dollar lottery, Ricko! :QQlove

There is unrest in Ricky forest
Trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And this oak ignores their pleas

This Oak on the back of our property has intrigued me. Its BIG ( pics dont really show true size ) It is 12 foot 2 inches diameter measure from 4 foot height.
Based on this the web tells me that this tree is about 180 years old !! Almost as old as 4 Ears Ralphie !!

345oak1.jpg
345oak.jpg

There is unrest in Ricky forest
Trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And this oak ignores their pleas

This Oak on the back of our property has intrigued me. Its BIG ( pics dont really show true size ) It is 12 foot 2 inches diameter measure from 4 foot height.
Based on this the web tells me that this tree is about 180 years old !! Almost as old as 4 Ears Ralphie !!

View attachment 105522View attachment 105523
BITCH....ain't nothing worse than a MALE Bitch, Ricko!

Last edited:
I am happy to report to my fellow QQer friends that I signed a contract today with an Audio Video Custom Installer for the Atmos Barn.
I have waffled all over the place on design ( and tried to protect my bank account ! ).

I will be going 9.4.4 Atmos. The room envelope being 26 wide by 40 deep, as such, the AV guru convinced me that 9.4.4 is a must ( as he smiled and handed me a down payment invoice......... )
And here I thought 7.2.4 would suffice.............

So ostensibly, you're going to have 2 sets of side speakers, four overhead and 4 subwoofers. Did he recommend a Universal Player or are you on your own selecting one?

A helluva lot of electronics involved. Ensure you have the finest surge protection on ALL components!

Make sure your front and rear speakers match perfectly Don't compromise on the rears. You'd be shocked how much info and deepest bass comes out of those rears! Smart adding a subwoofer for each.

It's HAPPENING!!!!!!!!

Well at least you won't have to worry about heating up the barn come Winter! Still No Universal Player?
Im on my own - kinda sorta - the company offered me the Sony Universal or they have a barely used Oppo 203 ( damn - when he mentioned he had an Oppo I was hoping for 205 ! ). Or I go on my own and get a Magnetar

Back