RIP Dan McCafferty

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad, I instantly became a Nazareth fan with the release of the single "This Flight Tonight" and the accompanied album "Loud 'N' Proud"! I immediately purchased the single and also made a cassette copy of a friends LP. I eventually purchased the album for myself.

I remember being a bit put off by a remark by Burton Cummings during a CKY radio program (early 2000's) in which he played the Joni Mitchell version proclaiming that it was "not that Nazareth schlock"!

Nazareth played here some years ago at "Harbourfest". I was surprised and somewhat amazed that the instrument that he was playing on "Hair of the Dog" was not an electric guitar but rather bagpipes!

I picked up the complete CD set of Nazareth albums on the CDMaximum label years ago from a seller in Russia. Those discs were later banned from eBay due to copyright concerns. While I have few qualms about the copyright issue, given the situation today I would no longer want to support Russia in any way!

Last edited:
I picked up the complete CD set of Nazareth albums on the CDMaximum label years ago from a seller in Russia. Those discs were later banned from eBay due to copyright concerns. While I have few qualms about the copyright issue, given the situation today I would no longer support want to support Russia in any way!
CDMaximum is a russian pirate label and surely it's a scam.

Back