Rolling Stones - Some Girls Live In Texas 1978

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking forward to it very much. It has all the right pieces and people to put this together into something good. This was the first time I saw the Stones on this tour in Oakland, California. It was one of those "Days on the Green" concerts, supposedly Mick's birthday July 26, 1978: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_on_the_Green#1978 It did take the stones 2 1/2 hours to get on stage after a great day of shows.

BTW, that was a great era for seeing a bunch of bands for not that much. I saw all the DOTG shows of 1978 and in other years many of them. There is a photo from the Steve Miller DOTG show of '78 on the "Fly Like an Eagle: 30th Anniversary" DVD documentary.

This tour was the first time I saw the Stones and it remains one of my favorite concerts ever. Saw them at Soldier Field in Chicago, stayed up all night partying outside the stadium and was rewarded with a great spot right in front of the stage. I kept yelling "Happy" at Keith throughout the concert and I swear he looked right at me before tearing into the opening chords of that song when they finally played it. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

yes I already have a really stereo copy of the July 18 concert (distributed recently as part of the 50 years of dirty work series)...actually not bad in qs....only pain is the bad vocal (out of tune) on sweet little sixteen..

mom says i saw the stones with her and one of her boyfriends when i was about 2 - about 20 years later i saw them again ....cant remember where - dallas ...been cool if it were cotton bowl but i dunno...or how to find out - i think i have the ticket stub somewhere - - for the steel wheels tour - "their last world tour " about five world tours later - hey heres more.

hello to all - william anthony reid

Back