Rush - Moving Pictures Blu-ray disc rot

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn’t matter where they were made, commercial grade optical discs aren’t really a long term storage medium. A microscopically thin metal film subject to oxidation sandwiched between two layers of porous and brittle polycarbonate is a fundamentally flawed design. They’ll all rot sooner or later. If you’re lucky they might last fifty years, if you’re unlucky they might last fifty weeks!

Mine plays fine.The only disc i'm having trouble with is the Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Blu ray.[the WYWH disc is badly scuffed up]

Last edited:
FYI

From what I can remember if you bought the immersion set from Amazon they sent out a Blu-ray replacement disc as the original WYWH was found to be faulty.

Back to disc rot. Ive still got my very first CD which I bought back in 1985 and it still plays perfectly.

It's stored in the same rack as the Rush Blu-ray so its reasonable to think the Blu-ray should have lasted.

Just checked my U.S. disc. No visual signs of rot. All tracks/videos/extras played fine in my Oppo BDP-103D and Panasonic DP-UB820-K.

Back