Saga- Network DVD/V 5.1 (2004)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I know most members are not aware of this seminal Canadian band , that to me, is brilliant..it's not ALL OUT PROG but it retains some Pop elements...they were kind of big in the early 80's and are still popular in Germany....
Still at it today!!! Latest one is called "Sagacity" (not in MCH though :( )
After getting their "Spin it again" concert on BluRay with a not very impressive MCH mix, I was pleasantly surprised to find that "Network" was a VERY active mix!!!! In spite of being Dullbee and sounding a bit flat for my taste, the mix is a 9/10.
The Music is 6/10, not very inspired compared to their next to last one ; "20/20", but nevertheless an excellent mix (done by their bass player, Jim Crichton-too bad he didn't do the BluRay one!)

The authoring is a 5/10 (and it's HIGH because they have a lyrics slideshow that I think should be the norm, but it's full of amateurish photos, "Powerpoint" lyrics fades and , well the only cool thing, a LOT of Hubble photos and animations from NASA...

Still , if you like Saga, get this!

I was finally able to get one of these for a decent price, after probably a year of watching Discogs/eBay. They sure don't show up very often. You are right, the mix is very active - 9/10 for sure. I don't mind the music, although it's not as proggy as their earlier albums. There is some killer guitar work from Ian Crichton. And, as you say, the DVD authoring isn't great (so I read a book instead of watching the screen)! LOL! All in all, very glad to find this one.

Back