SDE Exclusive #14: Trevor Horn

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James_in_VA

SDE Shop Link
Screenshot_20230925_130602_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Jumped on it -- perhaps too aggressively, I tried to switch payment methods and wound up with two copies. If anyone
gets shut out, I'll sell it here for original cost, mailing on me (in the USA). Just contact me via QQ messaging if and when.

I really like compilations like this, such as dedicatory tribute CDs to Marc Bolan, Joni, John Lennon, etc. And to have it in Atmos!

Jumped on it -- perhaps too aggressively, I tried to switch payment methods and wound up with two copies. If anyone
gets shut out, I'll sell it here for original cost, mailing on me (in the USA). Just contact me via QQ messaging if and when.

I really like compilations like this, such as dedicatory tribute CDs to Marc Bolan, Joni, John Lennon, etc. And to have it in Atmos!
LOL, that's weird. I also inadvertantly put 2 copies in my cart...but caught my mistake before I ordered.

LOL, that's weird. I also inadvertantly put 2 copies in my cart...but caught my mistake before I ordered.
Easy to do if you switch pay methods. I nearly went the SHOP route, but backtracked to use PayPal (as I get money back), and
that put an extra in. Says something about how we are being bankrupted that I did not at first blink at the double price :confused:.

Ordered... most compilations are a mixed bag for sure, and there definitely will be interesting interpretations of the originals , some I will like some I probably will not, but I know I just couldn't live with a missing #14 on the shelf..:)

I can't say I was blown away by the clips in the promo ad for this, but a) I really enjoyed "Reimagines the Eighties," and b) I want these physical releases to be a success for Paul @ SDE, so if I am on the fence, I order.

Putting aside the fact that I appear to be in the minority of people who appreciate instrumental mixes on vocal-focused albums for a variety of reasons, I don’t think I’ll ever not appreciate when someone offers to give us more on a disc that has plenty of room for more whether it’s instrumental mixes, demos, single-edits, videos or anything else.

Cheers to Paul, Trevor and/or whomever else decided to offer more on this release.

Hi everyone. As I mentioned on the post, the 5.1 mix has been done by Trevor from scratch. I've heard it and it's very good. We were hoping for stereo instrumentals, but got 5.1 - even better! Since this is a Trevor Horn album, there is a lot of sense in having a version that is just Trevor's music and production, without the vocalists. Anyway, I think this is going to be good. The Tori Amos track really is stunning.

Hi everyone. As I mentioned on the post, the 5.1 mix has been done by Trevor from scratch. I've heard it and it's very good. We were hoping for stereo instrumentals, but got 5.1 - even better! Since this is a Trevor Horn album, there is a lot of sense in having a version that is just Trevor's music and production, without the vocalists. Anyway, I think this is going to be good. The Tori Amos track really is stunning.
Still waiting for Tori's Ocean to Ocean physical Atmos mix on br.

Mixed by Tim Weidner with an assistant who had three assistants, sounds complicated:unsure:
View attachment 98997
i'm glad Tim Weidner has made the transition from 5.1 to Atmos Music and helmed these mixes as he knows what he's doing đź‘Ť

he also knows many hands make light work when you've got the Horn, with those layered productions, so had 3 right-hand persons to facilitate proceedingsss! ✌️

i'm glad Tim Weidner has made the transition from 5.1 to Atmos Music and helmed these mixes as he knows what he's doing đź‘Ť

he also knows many hands make light work when you've got the Horn, with those layered productions, so had 3 right-hand persons to facilitate proceedingsss! ✌️
Honestly I was thinking more of "too many cooks".

You know what would be the icing on the cake for this release {still sitting on the fence}, a 5.1 version, and instrumental version, of "Video killed the radio star".

Hey if your going to do an anthology, surely you need to start at the begining.

Anybody else still waiting for a shipping notice on this one? I have it in an order combined with Danse Macabre, Diamonds and Pearls, and Moondance. Given that the release date was Dec. 1 for two of those (and the other two were released in October and November), I was expecting it to ship last week.

Last edited:
Anybody else still waiting for a shipping notice on this one? I have it in an order combined with Danse Macabre, Diamonds and Pearls, and Moondance. Given that the release date was Dec. 1 for three of those (and the fourth was released in October), I was expecting it to ship last week.
I received, this item shipping, on November 30th, not arrived in CA yet.

Back