• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling off collection

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will buy your top 10 favourite discs - provided you keep and enjoy them..

send me a PM please..
Agreed that was a very kind gesture. I would have taken him up on this offer had I not already sold my Oppo universal player. Fortunately, I have pretty much all of the same albums on regular stereo CDs. I still enjoy the music, and have fond memories of the wonderful multi-channel mixes. Thank you MC Maniac for showing my wife (and care giver) that music lovers can be quite capable of practical kindness.

The Bagginsess just A/B'ed Genesis Foxtrot SACD, acquired from Keith, with the DTS 96/24 DVD, which we've heard many times.

The consensus is that the SACD is the clear winner. Sony x800 in to a Denon x6400H.

Parts had more clarity, smoothness and space. Gabriel's vocal benefits the most. SACD had more apparent action in the surrounds.

Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy a cherished album to its fullest, Keith!

Here is the updated list as of 4-5-2019. The Genesis and Jethro Tull box sets have been reduced.

Attachments

• AUDIOFORSALE-4-5-2019.pdf
    116.6 KB · Views: 413
Keith, I don't want to use your misfortune to get up on a soapbox, but when I hear about cases like yours--and others in our group--I get not just sad but angry. Until we live in a world where getting sick doesn't mean facing financial ruin, I'd rather see you keep the material possessions that give you joy and pleasure, and see the rest of us just give you the money you might get by selling them off. I wish you health and strength.
I'd rather we as a society take responsibility for each other. In the interest of civility, I won't go further with that train of thought. GLWTS. Better luck with your health.

I want to thank all of you for your kind wishes, for patiently going through a process that would allow me to raise money for my medical needs and family needs. I appreciate and understand your thoughts both about the excessive cost of health care and society taking responsibility for each other.
My father died of cancer 14 years ago. To give you a bit of background, I have a management degree and studied a lot about how labor intensive medical facilities are. There are numerous legal factors that increase those costs. I would much rather have the quality of care that I am receiving in our current system.
Yesterday, I went through the infusion process using my own stem cells for my bone marrow transplant. My father did not have his own stem cells, which made the wait for his procedure very long. Today I saw my chief infusion nurse and Bone Marrow Transplant surgeon while I went through my first post-BMT fluids. What I was told would happen from this point was exactly what he told us 7 weeks ago when we first met with him.
My father was one of the hardest working people I have ever known. He was an entreprenuer that owned his own printing and mailing business for about 30 years. He taught me the value of working hard, taking responsibility for my family, and also to help others through charitable contributions. He believed this work ethic made all businesses better serve mankind. I wish he had had the benefit of the research, development, long hours, and lots of money that has gone into cancer treatment since that time.

My wife has tirelessly cared for me by driving 16 miles early every morning, spending most of the day with me handling all the details of my treatment, and putting up with my passenger seat driving. She has also managed all the sales and shipments for selling my Oppo as well as the media sales here. At this point, we have a minimum 21 straight days in the infusion center. We have processed about 12 orders so far, and I would love to encourage her with a lot more sales, especially some of the bigger box sets.
Tomorrow we will be updating what is left (some orders were multiple).

Let me state that while I would love to be able to continue enjoying this hobby, I would feel foolish for keeping it from others who I know would also enjoy it and help provide for my family and my medical needs.
I was a mobile DJ for about 15 years, and was able to put together a enjoyable music playback setup which I still enjoy. During that time, I was also able to deduct all music purchases from taxes, and I took great advantage of it. I simply hope that those of you who make any purchases for my cause will thoroughly enjoy them as much as I have.

Back