Short Streaming Penteo separation demo - no burning required

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John:

Is it correct to say, then, that an early 60's mix where the vocals are all in one channel and all the instruments are in the other (essentially dual-mono; we can all think of plenty of examples) is not really "Penteo-able"?

Although pan pots were invented for and used in Disney's "Fantasia", they weren't commonly in use in record-making until the late 1960s. You only had your choice of left, center, or right. You can date a studio recording by how many discrete pan positions you hear on headphones.

Very few cuts are in two positions only, they are usually in those three. Just like the first cuts on the demo.

With Penteo, we have two choices: We can do a "three fronts" mix, just like the old days of monitoring in three-track, with a hard center speaker replacing the phantom one, or we can duplicate the sides in both the front side pair and the rear side pair.

Hey guys, anyone have other Penteo demos I could get? I'd like to hear some of the ones that were available a while back. Thanks.

John
I see that the film soundtrack of
Inglourious Basterds is out in stereo
How about a 5.1 DTS cd or DVD of it?
Ron

Back