Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@barfle and @DuncanS , are dimmer switches a problem for audio gear especially when on the same circuit?
They certainly could be, although I had a dimmer in my bachelor pad 50 years ago, and it didn’t cause any issues in that setup. I don’t recall if it was on the same breaker as my audio setup.

My existing setup has a dimmer in the room, but I know it’s on a separate circuit from the two circuits that the AV gear are on.

But it’s really easy to test!

They certainly could be, although I had a dimmer in my bachelor pad 50 years ago, and it didn’t cause any issues in that setup. I don’t recall if it was on the same breaker as my audio setup.

My existing setup has a dimmer in the room, but I know it’s on a separate circuit from the two circuits that the AV gear are on.

Dimmers work really well in bachelor pads, in fact the dimmer is always on, full blast. Now older and quieter those dang dimmers are pretty much dimmed all the time. :sneaky:

Upon removal of Niagra 5000 and install of P15, imediate notice while the P15 was on, connected, but nothing playing, there was zero sound, buzz, emitting from the P15, that was huge for me.
Playing either stereo or MCH sound seemed improved, better bass and over all sound structure, however to be fair, there is likely placebo, that has been my experience when buying things audio, ask me in a month if I feel same way, but for now thumbs up on all things P15.
Now for the screens, three pictures self explanatory.
The largest difference of all is distortion in vs distortion out.
I know nothing about whether this makes a difference to a highly educated person, but for me, with screens showing me improvement and sound improvement, I think it was a good decision for me to purchase, other than that I am unable to be in a conversation about this subject. The last STATUS picture does fluctuate at about every other second.
There are other screens and you can make adjustments, but I don't want to experiment making adjustments when I don't fully understand, maybe later when I fully understand?
View attachment 99909
View attachment 99910
View attachment 99911
View attachment 99912
In my experience the biggest noise makers on the power line are the variable speed drives found in some air conditioners and well pumps. They really screw with any "power line " control devices like X10 dimmers etc. I wonder what this is doing to the "line side" of it's power line while it is cleaning the "load side"?

My second sub arrived 10 minutes ago!!

IMG_8015.jpeg

I just tossed it up front. I have no idea where it will end up. I need to tidy up some stuff, and wires. Getting a little dense in this room. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when Fed-Ex dropped it off. LMFAO! I didn't tell her about it......

She says; "is that a new speaker"? hahahahaha.......

I just tossed it up front. I have no idea where it will end up. I need to tidy up some stuff, and wires. Getting a little dense in this room. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when Fed-Ex dropped it off. LMFAO! I didn't tell her about it......

There goes the neighborhood :dance

So she hasn't heard it yet :unsure:

My second sub arrived 10 minutes ago!!

View attachment 99978
It's really hard to tell, but is your center speaker sitting back a few inches from the edge? If so might I be so bold as to suggest you try moving it out to the edge and giving a listen? But you have a very lovely system!

Well there goes GOS. Seemed like such a nice guy too! Should we take up a collection for flowers? Or just offer to help her liquidate all those speakers?

To reduce the negative impact of "most" dimmer switches, on can set them in full ON or OFF position, when listening to music.

Back