Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I force myself to lay on the floor each morning and do some very simple stretches...knees to my chest both legs, one leg, one knee bent, one leg straight up...etc. Nothing strenuous. I rotate my ankles, wrists, arms. Makes a world of difference with how my lower back feels that day. Its relaxing too...calms me. My grandfather used to do it when I was just a small boy, for his bad back...but he'd do it while lying in bed. Too soft for me. I thought he was crazy at the time.
I have some stretches for my arthritic neck that take about 20 minutes to do. Not the highlight of my day, but it does prevent some potential lowlights.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Check out the board skills on Jacko!
1000018375.jpg

On another note, I just moved my two bedroom night stands / dressers out into the hallway so I could place a few subwoofets there instead. Now all of my dressers are in the hallway.

Is that weird??? I need to be prepared should I get questions from other members of the household.
Ask your subwoofets. I think they are happy for the extra room. Hallway don't care. Don't let 'em block any emergency exits or the bathroom.

Last edited:
Fun fact! If you screw up enough, autotune can make you sound MORE off-pitch!

I have found this out the hard way. (I needed autotune to correct one note but I guess I'll re-record it)

Fun fact! If you screw up enough, autotune can make you sound MORE off-pitch!

I have found this out the hard way. (I needed autotune to correct one note but I guess I'll re-record it)
Pro tip: record once, pitch correct it, then record again while listening to the pitch corrected version. You'll naturally try to match the perfect pitch of the corrected version, and end up with a less pitchy second recording. Use the second recording with either no pitch correction, or minimal correction where you feel it's absolutely necessary. The final product will sound much more natural.

In the version of AutoTune you're using, can you not manually adjust individual pitches? Is it really automatic pitch-locking only?

Try unplugging the TV from the mains power, I get the same issue if I leave mine plugged in but switched off - HDMI can power up the local circuit in the TV, it still tries to do a handshake even with CEC off in the settings - it does on my Sony TV
Thank you so much for the suggestion, i’ve been listening with the tv unplugged for a few days now with no problems. Only negative is when I need the tv to click on the correct mix on a disc, thinking about a spreadsheet for all my albums with instructions lol down two then right for 5.1 mlp etc

I noticed more bass from TV programs. I turned the sub-woofer off about two weeks ago and I feel better for it...strange?

Thank you so much for the suggestion, i’ve been listening with the tv unplugged for a few days now with no problems. Only negative is when I need the tv to click on the correct mix on a disc, thinking about a spreadsheet for all my albums with instructions lol down two then right for 5.1 mlp etc
I've a small 10" monitor connected to the 2nd HDMI o/p on my amp so I don't have to turn on the TV.

TwelveAir, the hand-built 1953 Chevrolet Corvette that won the 2024 Ridler Award Photo by Kindig-It Design
I've been into cars and specially the custom variety my whole life and been following most
of the TV shows built around them. Dave Kindig is the most talented designer I've been aware
of in all those years, the output from his shop consistently builds customs that just take my breath
away. He's combined his design talent and success into building a business with
a shop full of employees of the best in the business and the SOTA equipment to support them.
There's no doubt in my mind that if I had the kind of $ it takes to build a world class custom, the
first place I'd call would be his.
https://www.kindigit.com/
https://www.kindigit.com/show/

Occasionally X has musical genius. Last night it was the headline:

A Tesla Cybertruck crashed into the Beverly Hills hotel sign last night”

which resulted in this comment:

“This is a Warren Zevon lyric”

and this further reply:

“Little old flowers got mutilated late last night,
Elon on Sunset again.”

Back