Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took in a St. Paul Saints game with my daughter. Since our seats were over the visitors' dugout, i cheered for the Omaha Storm Chasers, which endeared me to their bench, but most decidedly NOT to the sea of Saints fans among whom we sat! Omaha won the game 11-2!
Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 1.05.03 AM.png

Most of our wives think we're just nuts when it comes to music.
Why I moved all my gear into a bedroom. Not ideal, but avoids most of TWF!
When I bought an open box AVR for $1500 my wife was not happy. But then... I didn't ask her permission. lol.
Look, I know that's chump change for many, but for me was a major investment on my meager retirement. No complaints, just way it is.
When we got married, my wife suggested a way we could never have to argue about money - three accounts; hers, mine, and ours. All income goes into “ours” and we each get an allowance to spend as we wish. Sometimes it takes a few months of saving up for a purchase like that, but she never complains except to say, “There are three big boxes on the porch.”

When we got married, my wife suggested a way we could never have to argue about money - three accounts; hers, mine, and ours. All income goes into “ours” and we each get an allowance to spend as we wish. Sometimes it takes a few months of saving up for a purchase like that, but she never complains except to say, “There are three big boxes on the porch.”
Yes sir, much like you my wife and I have three separate checking accounts. We lived as individuals about seven years before getting married at 30 yo. So we were used to our independence. And when we did get married we made a simple deal: I can do anything I want to the basement & she gets the rest of the house. And so it became The Bassment. What I have is nothing more than "boxes with knobs" to her. But then I see no discernible difference between the three sewing machines she has, know what I mean?

My set up pales in comparison to many others here but I do truly get an easy peaceful feeling when I enter & that is usually after dinner for music & movies. Last night was retro night, a mix of Mike Nesmith, Mott the Hoople, and King Crimson. Because of that I was completely unaware that others were going to their basements for entirely different reasons:

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas...kville-missouri-overland-park-kansas/60844093

Today is going to just be a wonderful, pleasant day. In 2 hours, I get to begin the "cleansing" process ahead of my colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Currently enjoying some amazingly filling chicken broth.
Fortunately, I’ve had four clean ones, so they say Imdonkt need any more.

The last one, after having been up all night, the hospital had me signing all sorts of papers before the procedure. I made it well known that I found such tactics not only annoying but dishonest, as I was not as clear in my head as I was further down.

Last edited:
Back