Solved! ~ Why Do Quadio Orders Get Lost?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~dave~~wave~

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Suppose your job is to deliver mail.
Find the shipping address on this quadio box that Rhino paid Gnarlywood to deliver via UPS & the US Postal Service.

1710442098785.jpeg

1710442372265.jpeg

Give Up?

Oh, hang on a minute.
Did you remember to check the EDGES of the flat mailer for delivery address? :rolleyes::eek:🤣

1710442558469.jpeg

In my estimation, the Post Office are heroes for putting up with this.
A happy ending today, disc arrived undamaged after 24 days of knocking around.

Went back & checked my Randy Newman disc.
Labeled the same way, but delivered on time.

The workers or machines at Gnarlywood "logistics" should be re-trained or replaced.
[ as my former corporate masters would say ]
I was taught the proper way to address mail in third grade penmanship class.

For the record, full USPS tracking history February 19 - March 14:

Delivered, In/At Mailbox
LINCOLN, NE 685xx
March 14, 2024, 11:48 am

Out for Delivery
LINCOLN, NE 685xx
March 14, 2024, 6:10 am

Arrived at Post Office
LINCOLN, NE 685xx
March 14, 2024, 4:05 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
LINCOLN, NE 68516
March 14, 2024, 2:37 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
LINCOLN NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 14, 2024, 1:43 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
LINCOLN NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 13, 2024, 9:16 pm

OMAHA NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 13, 2024, 8:07 pm

March 13, 2024, 6:02 pm

DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 13, 2024, 3:46 pm

March 13, 2024, 12:07 pm

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 12, 2024, 2:02 pm

March 12, 2024, 7:50 am

TETERBORO NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 12, 2024, 7:18 am

March 10, 2024, 1:39 pm

March 9, 2024, 7:52 am

DES MOINES IA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 9, 2024, 5:03 am

CEDAR RAPIDS IA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 9, 2024, 2:20 am

CEDAR RAPIDS IA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 8, 2024, 10:35 pm

Departed USPS Facility
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52404
March 8, 2024, 10:16 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52404
March 8, 2024, 8:49 pm

Processing at USPS Facility
VINTON, IA 52349
March 8, 2024, 8:28 am

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LINCOLN, NE 685xx
February 26, 2024, 2:19 pm

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
February 24, 2024, 12:07 pm

Picked Up By Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
CARLSBAD, CA 92008
February 19, 2024, 9:13 pm

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
FONTANA, CA 92337
February 19, 2024, 8:45 pm
Shipping Partner: UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS

Gnarlywood have proven time and time again their incompetence at fulfilling and shipping orders in a timely, economic, and (now, apparently) properly labeled manner. Unless they're a direct subsidiary of Warner, Rhino ought to jettison Gnarlywood and find a better fulfillment partner.

Last edited:
There are no wet eyeballs reading your package label until the final mile.

I've gone through this round-about delivery tracking many times. I recently saw a video explaining this seemingly round-about system but can't locate it now.

The USPS logistics network works quite well in that your package is delivered as "efficiently" as possible unless you paid for an upgrade. In which case, you pay more to have it delivered quicker but with a "less efficient" cost (you paid) to the USPS. If it's shipped using multiple shipping partners, as in this case, then what did you expect for your money?

However, if you are interested, I will personally pick-up your package from any U.S. brick and mortar vendor and deliver it in-person to you anywhere in the U.S. for a fee.

Last edited:
New fangled labels??? They fangled their way into the wrong state???

I've gone through this round-about delivery tracking many times. I recently saw a video explaining this seemingly round-about system but can't locate it now.

The USPS logistics network works quite well in that your package is delivered as "efficiently" as possible unless you paid for an upgrade. In which case, you pay more to have it delivered quicker but with a "less efficient" cost (you paid) to the USPS. If it's shipped using multiple shipping partners, as in this case, then what did you expect for your money?

However, if you are interested, I will personally pick-up your package from any U.S. brick and mortar vendor and deliver it in-person to you anywhere in the U.S. for a fee.

Not really, I am seeing a tracking showing that it returned to a facility that it had previously left. How the hell is that "efficiently" as possible.

Are you joking and I missed the humor there?

I've had very spotty deliveries from Rhino, but also with other vendors that use UPS Mail Innovations. Everything goes good until the hand-off to USPS. Then the USPS guys say they never got the package, and the UPS team says it's lost. So I paid UPS an extra fee of $19.99/year to upgrade to their premium My Choice tracking service. Now I get all of my packages upgraded to UPS ground delivery, avoiding the handoff to USPS. So far haven't lost one since, and they get here between 1 and 2 days earlier. The keywords are "they get here".

Honestly i am out of clues regarding what does happen with the shipping outside USA. The actual situation:

Ordered AWB and War on January 19.
Jan. 23 email: AWB is shipping
Feb 1: AWB arrived.
Feb 4 email: War is shipping.
War isn't arrived yet, as on today Mar 16.

Furthermore, the Spinners replacement disc hasn't arrived yet.

Honestly i am out of clues regarding what does happen with the shipping outside USA. The actual situation:

I think WAR is awaiting a repress as I see pre-orders for it around the web.

Last edited:

My Spinners replacement never arrived and I finally inquired, and it was sent back undeliverable. So Rhino re sent it. Same address.

Last edited:

Sorry, my drones AI underbid your drones AI! Better luck next time :cool:)

The USPS logistics network works quite well in that your package is delivered as "efficiently" as possible unless you paid for an upgrade.
While your observations are well-taken, in point of fact the Rhino store offers only one shipping option- "standard."
No option for upgraded shipping from them at any price.

In which case, you pay more to have it delivered quicker but with a "less efficient" cost (you paid) to the USPS. If it's shipped using multiple shipping partners, as in this case, then what did you expect for your money?

For the $11.99 "standard shipping & handling charge" I expect to get my order in ten business days.

Imagine, if you will, your relatively tiny package inside a larger package, inside yet a larger package inside a carts inside a truck/plane/train.

Every time that truck/plane/train makes a stop it drops a load. But that isn't where your package is located. It's still in that same truck/plane/train all the way in the back, somewhere in there. Then the truck/train/plane takes off for the next drop off stop. It then unloads another load, buy not yours! Yours is still way back in the corner, somewhere. Then your teeny tiny package, inside another package, inside yet a larger package in side a cart is dropped off at a regional sorting center. Then your teeny tiny package shipped via extreme poverty economy is waiting for some machine to read the tag on the sack containing your teeny tiny package shipped via extreme poverty economy. Then that sack gets tossed into another cart along with dozens of other sacks that's loaded on to a truck/plane/train and it's off to the next hub for further sorting of that sack containing your teeny tiny package shipped via extreme poverty economy... [Repeat...]

Had you spend a couple of more units of your stored labor tokens you wouldn't be posting here and reading about The Life of USPS logistics for your teeny tiny package shipped via extreme poverty economy. Instead you coulda' had a V8!

Trivia: It's cheaper to ship a gallon of gasoline across the Atlantic ocean from the M.E. than it is sending a 1 Oz. First Class letter to your neighbor across the street.

Last edited:
While your observations are well-taken, in point of fact the Rhino store offers only one shipping option- "standard."
No option for upgraded shipping from them at any price.

For the $11.99 "standard shipping & handling charge" I expect to get my order in ten business days.
🤷‍♂️ Take it up w/Da' boss

My Spinners replacement never arrived and I finally inquired, and it was sent back undeliverable. So Rhino re sent it. Same address.
That can happen, and it has happened to me sending out things to people. I would expect that this is not a Rhino issue here this one time.

Not really, I am seeing a tracking showing that it returned to a facility that it had previously left. How the hell is that "efficiently" as possible.

Wow! Clown world!
It got to your area then for some reason went back east! It's a wonder they can deliver anything properly!

FWIW... USPS offers a free thing called Informed Delivery. Go to usps.com & look at the upper right corner. Subscribe & everyday you will get a image scan of the items coming to your address today. Not the same as tracking a package. But if you see a package marked as "delivered" and you don't have it, start investigating.

In my area there were some items marked to deliver but they didn't arrive. Some times mail was skipped by a couple of days. A conversation with my mail carrier was awkward but when I showed him what I expected to be delivered, things suddenly improved.

USPS has screwed up enough of my ebay shipments to make me distrustful of the organization. And their so-called “insurance” is nothing but a scam. The hoops that have to be jumped through are ridiculous, and even when I complied with every request, I was denied a $700 claim (which WAS insured for that amount).

Maybe it’s like so many other government projects - it’s about jobs being provided to congressional districts, and if a service is actually provided, that’s just a side effect.

End of rant, for the time being.

Back