Solved! ~ Why Do Quadio Orders Get Lost?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USPS has screwed up enough of my ebay shipments to make me distrustful of the organization. And their so-called “insurance” is nothing but a scam. The hoops that have to be jumped through are ridiculous, and even when I complied with every request, I was denied a $700 claim (which WAS insured for that amount).

Maybe it’s like so many other government projects - it’s about jobs being provided to congressional districts, and if a service is actually provided, that’s just a side effect.

End of rant, for the time being.
I've personally sent and received hundreds of CDs/SACDs via USPS media mail, as well as "other" mail, for years and have never lost a package. I recall a cigar box package I sent filled with SACDs/DVDs to someplace in NYC. The person who ordered and lived there moved to another state (good move) and the package unknowingly languished somewhere. About a month later it was returned to me fully intact. I contacted the recipient for a new address...

BTW I have no vested interest in the USPS whatsoever.

I've personally sent and received hundreds of CDs/SACDs via USPS media mail, as well as "other" mail, for years and have never lost a package. I recall a cigar box package I sent filled with SACDs/DVDs to someplace in NYC. The person who ordered and lived there moved to another state (good move) and the package unknowingly languished somewhere. About a month later it was returned to me fully intact. I contacted the recipient for a new address...

BTW I have no vested interest in the USPS whatsoever.
I believe most of the issues I have with USPS are with my local office. I don’t know how they ended up with the surliest people in Ada County, but about half of them are rude and the broken Lladro claim was inspected there, even though all the correspondence came freom some central office.

Consider yourself lucky.

Gnarlywood have proven time and time again their incompetence at fulfilling and shipping orders in a timely, economic, and (now, apparently) properly labeled manner. Unless they're a direct subsidiary of Warner, Rhino ought to jettison Gnarlywood and find a better fulfillment partner.

Yup

As I've said every time a new Quadio bundle is out. Rhino & Gnarlywood are not great. But ultimately, Rhino bears the blame since they're the ones that continue to use Gnarlywood. If it's a lowest cost thing, then get a better company and charge more.

The packaging sucks, email notifications suck, shipments aren't consistent. I finally got an email from Rhino with tracking number saying my order for bundle 3 shipped but it was sent about 2 weeks AFTER it was delivered. So it's not just Gnarly that's incompetent. The problem in the US for a number of companies since & post Covid is fewer trained people and poorer service. Some companies just don't seem be able to consistently get their act together.

I know some people don't want to hear it, and I don't care. But I have had discs shipped from the UK, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, and even Russia. No damage.
Rhino needs to figure this out. I'm not at all convinced the damage happens en route. But still...just don't know.
Kudos to Rhino for the Quadio's and music in general. Bad on them for the damage.

OT:

Ha! Acoustic Sounds send me a USPS tracking number [that still shows awaiting package] for the new Aja SACD. Without notice it arrived from FedEx. 🤷‍♂️

I know some people don't want to hear it, and I don't care. But I have had discs shipped from the UK, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, and even Russia. No damage.
Rhino needs to figure this out. I'm not at all convinced the damage happens en route. But still...just don't know.
Kudos to Rhino for the Quadio's and music in general. Bad on them for the damage.
I want to hear it! I agree & always want to hear truth, regardless!
It is a real let down when you order such a good product only to have the middle-man ( the shipping or the Logistics) involved ruin it🙁

Last edited:
OT:

Ha! Acoustic Sounds send me a USPS tracking number [that still shows awaiting package] for the new Aja SACD. Without notice it arrived from FedEx. 🤷‍♂️
Probably sent through one of FedEx's USPS last mile services. Occasionally, FedEx will instead deliver the package themselves. Check the tracking number on the package; it probably matches the one you were given.

USPS has screwed up enough of my ebay shipments to make me distrustful of the organization. And their so-called “insurance” is nothing but a scam. The hoops that have to be jumped through are ridiculous, and even when I complied with every request, I was denied a $700 claim (which WAS insured for that amount).

Maybe it’s like so many other government projects - it’s about jobs being provided to congressional districts, and if a service is actually provided, that’s just a side effect.

End of rant, for the time being.

Their sorting equipment was deliberately scrapped by a postmaster appointed to sabotage the service and get it privatized, and it's the only government department that can't be funded out of taxes and can't run a budget deficit.

Unlike many comparable countries, our postal service isn't allowed to offer things like basic banking services that help support their budget.

They will deliver at a flat rate to ANYWHERE in the US, you're not gonna get that from private companies.

Their sorting equipment was deliberately scrapped by a postmaster appointed to sabotage the service and get it privatized, and it's the only government department that can't be funded out of taxes and can't run a budget deficit.

Unlike many comparable countries, our postal service isn't allowed to offer things like basic banking services that help support their budget.

They will deliver at a flat rate to ANYWHERE in the US, you're not gonna get that from private companies.
Overall I view the USPS as reliable, but in recent years I have to scratch my head at the circuitous routes packages sometimes take. Now USPS has a contract with Amazon and I think that's another factor in slowing deliveries. I used to get my mail at 11:30 like clockwork. These days I never know.

So you’re saying they have an excuse for treating my packages with all the care of an iron ore barge. That doesn’t covertheir fraudulent claim of insuring those shipments when they break them, even if they charge extra for the insurance.

So you’re saying they have an excuse for treating my packages with all the care of an iron ore barge. That doesn’t covertheir fraudulent claim of insuring those shipments when they break them, even if they charge extra for the insurance.
I'm saying context matters when someone's making a sweeping statement of "it doesn't work because government."

To compare, UPS has broken, misrouted or straight-up stolen more than half the items I've ever had shipped with them.

I'm saying context matters when someone's making a sweeping statement of "it doesn't work because government."

To compare, UPS has broken, misrouted or straight-up stolen more than half the items I've ever had shipped with them.
UPS here is pretty reliable. Fed Ex not so much. I've had stuff delivered 30 miles away across the county.

Return of rant.

I did say “maybe” in my statement that included the word “government.” And comparing them to another incompetent organization doesn’t improve anything.

They probably made the assumption the bar code had the address info which the USPS would scan using their OCR machines. The label should have been placed with the return address at the top of the box - the small label could have been placed on the back and the full shipping address would be right there on the front of the box.

Back