Sony 360 Reality Audio "Stereo" MP3s

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfbkfb

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CK53RV8R/ref=sr_1_1
I just bought the song Flowers as a 360RA "encoded" stereo MP3, now listening with DPL2 music - fairly good surround sound.

Is there a set of equations for "encoding" 360RA into stereo (much the same as the old QS and SQ quad matrix system encoding equations)?

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
I just listened to the above mentioned 360RA stereo MP3 w/Hafler/DynaQuad - good directionality, surround was quite active, I may buy a few more 360RA stereo MP3s.

I haven't tried listening with my stereo headphones yet.

Kirk Bayne

Is there a set of equations for "encoding" 360RA into stereo (much the same as the old QS and SQ quad matrix system encoding equations)?
Chances are it's a binaural rendering from the 360RA master—rather than any kind of decodable matrix—meant for virtual surround headphone listening. Any good results with matrix decoders on speakers are simply happy accidents.

(didn't listen to this with headphones, I just tried [original] DPL and DPL 2 music - interested to hear how a matrix decoder would process binaural audio - result: not much content in the surround channels with either DPL decode mode)

Listened to the 360RA/stereo Flowers song w/headphones (Sony MDR-ZX110), sounded like a good stereo mix to me.

Kirk Bayne

Back