SoundBlaster

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkquad

I just wondered about SoundBlaster.. How do you that have it like it... Does it really restore old recordings from vinyl and such...

Thanks, Brent

Brent, I beleive the Audigy 2 versions of the SoundBlaster are very good for stereo wav files and cleaning up old recordings. The higher end verions come with entry level software for doing just that. I do not believe that they allow for recording 4 channels of sound symultaneously.

:-jon

Actually, the Audigy 2 ZS pro does allow recording of six channels of audio.
And at 24bit/96kHz too!

I already recorded the DSOTM mc sacd into a multichannel pcm.
Burning a DVD Audio disc is very easy with DiscWelder once the wav's are available.

Frank

Frank said:
Actually, the Audigy 2 ZS pro does allow recording of six channels of audio.
And at 24bit/96kHz too!

I already recorded the DSOTM mc sacd into a multichannel pcm.
Burning a DVD Audio disc is very easy with DiscWelder once the wav's are available.

Frank

What version of Discwelder do you have?? Is it really an easy program to use?

I have steel DW Steel version 2.

It's really very easy and friendly to use.

A Bronze version is announced for just 99 usd.

Steel v2 allows your own still bitmap as menu background and the ability create a disc without gaps between tracks.
Six channel resolution is 'limited' to 24 bit 48kHz as there is no MLP included.

You can download a tryout version form the discwelder website to play around with the software, exept for burning the disc.

Frank

Well... You guys are way over my head on this... Ha... Guess I'm gonna just try the Audigy LS... All I really want to do right now is clean up old recordings especially vinyl... And the Audigy LS is more within my price range for two reasons... One my computer guy is putting together a new system for me.. And two I'm disabled on a limited income.. I just hope the Audigy LS works as good as the high end versions for cleaning up old recordings..

Thanks, Brent

Bkquad said:
Well... You guys are way over my head on this... Ha... Guess I'm gonna just try the Audigy LS... All I really want to do right now is clean up old recordings especially vinyl... And the Audigy LS is more within my price range for two reasons... One my computer guy is putting together a new system for me.. And two I'm disabled on a limited income.. I just hope the Audigy LS works as good as the high end versions for cleaning up old recordings..

Thanks, Brent

As far as cleaning up old recordings, what recording program are you using. I use Sound Forge and Cool Edit Pro (now called Auditon). They both come with programs to do some really nice cleanup. As long as the card will get a nice transfer onto your harddrive, the recording program can do the rest.

I don't have any recording program yet... I'm just getting into this stuff.. But from what I've read the SoundBlaster Audigy LS did record... Do you suggest a different program for recording...

Thanks, Brent

I've been using various versions of Cool Edit for over 10 years in professional audio workstations. It's a great, full-featured program with a lot of cleanup routines built in, but it also accepts DirectX plugins like Soundforge and Steinberg's.

Cool Edit is now owned by Adobe and called Audition. I recommend it highly.

Clark

Back