soundcard / SH-AC500D questions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vario_matrix

Hi all,
My quad "setup" consists of Sansui 9001, which I want to keep at center of everything :D

Trying to find a way to tie together 5.1 from a soundcard, as well as a DVD player - has anything else emerged that can do what the Technics SH-AC500D does for same price or less?

This is the easiest way I know to output digital from the soundcard and dvd player to Sansui, seeing how sansui only has one set of 4-channel inputs.

I'm also looking for the soundcard to support EAX, and hopefully with a dedicated midi jack (not having to use a game controller-to-midi port adapter thingy)...but I realize that might be too tall of an order as soundcards don't seem to be game-friendly and audiophile friendly at same time.

Anyone have some advice to offer on the subject?
much thanks in advance,
-Zet

WHat about the new Audigy 2, that does DVD-A. It has a dedicated MIDI in and MIDI out port.

thanks Jon, reading up on that now...if it also has 4 channel analog out that may very well be the best bet.

Back