"Sparkle in the Rain" Separating Fact from Fiction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a confirmation email from Burning Shed about a week or so ago saying that all my discs and booklets are being replaced with new ones and are being sent out sometime this week. So, that means that they should be on their way.

That's cool...I wish I would get such an email from the vendor I purchased from.....but...I can wait. :)

I bought my original Blu-ray disc via an Amazon UK seller but I sent a copy of my order to Universal as mentioned on the Super Deluxe Edition website and they have sent me a new disc very quickly without any problems. (y)

I bought my original Blu-ray disc via an Amazon UK seller but I sent a copy of my order to Universal as mentioned on the Super Deluxe Edition website and they have sent me a new disc very quickly without any problems. (y)

you were sent a new disc how quickly? The new discs are only sent out recently, maybe since a week.

Hmmm...

61706726.jpg

you were sent a new disc how quickly? The new discs are only sent out recently, maybe since a week.

I finally got round to sending an email on Monday (June 8th) and it was acknowledged the next day. The replacement disc arrived (much to my surprise) on Friday (12th) but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

I received the corrected disc plus a new booklet. Not sure what was wrong with the booklet.

A funny thing is that the discs are send from 8 The Quad in London :)

View attachment 19346

Rob, I don't have the booklet in front of me but it apparently was missing a paragraph as if you look at old booklet and look at new you should see the difference, just before it gets to credits, think it was talking about brass band or something like that. Check it out.

have you listened to the corrected disk yet?

peter

I did listen to the 5.1 mix while doing the dishes in the open kitchen :) so not the most focused listening session ;)

Will check out the booklet later.

Hats off to the record label for going through the trouble of rectifying the booklet as well!

I received the corrected disc today from the UK, though without a case or new booklet. Haven't had a chance to give it a listen yet.

I received the corrected disc today from the UK, though without a case or new booklet. Haven't had a chance to give it a listen yet.

They were never going to replace cases, but which version did you order? Box Set with DVD-A or HFPA Blu-Ray?
If it's the former, then you should get a new booklet as there was apparently a paragraph missing, but if you bought the latter, there was nothing wrong with the Blu-Ray booklet AFAIK so only the disc should have been replaced.

That's good to know. I bought the HFPA Blu-ray. Thanks for the clarification, rtbluray :)

You're quite welcome.
It's also good to know that someone in the U.S. has received a replacement Blu-Ray, as that's the version I ordered and so it should be getting to me very soon! :)

They were never going to replace cases, but which version did you order? Box Set with DVD-A or HFPA Blu-Ray?
If it's the former, then you should get a new booklet as there was apparently a paragraph missing, but if you bought the latter, there was nothing wrong with the Blu-Ray booklet AFAIK so only the disc should have been replaced.

Hey- I ordered the HFPA, and got my replacement yesterday. It came with what I think was the Box set booklet, for it is of a larger sized format, and also with much more written information included as well. Sweet!

Back