"Sparkle in the Rain" Separating Fact from Fiction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. I just messaged BullMoose in regards to a hopeful replacement. I'll keep everyone posted as to a reply. Thanks.

And.....................what are the official reasons fro the replacement?, so if BullMoose inquires with me, I can tell them. STAT! Thanks

I wouldn't attempt to tell some sales clerk over the phone the technical reasons...I'd email them and provide this link which mentions blu ray discs being affected as well as DVD's and it also contains the link to Universal's involvement in replacing the dvd's in that set...

Hey. I just messaged BullMoose in regards to a hopeful replacement. I'll keep everyone posted as to a reply. Thanks.

And.....................what are the official reasons fro the replacement?, so if BullMoose inquires with me, I can tell them. STAT! Thanks

Bull Moose knows nothing about this. They want me to return the disc, and they will send me another one. But if they don't have the replacements, what's the use? Question, is it ALL the discs?- Standalone AND the Deluxe Edition?
Work in progress. Thanks.

Bull Moose knows nothing about this. They want me to return the disc, and they will send me another one. But if they don't have the replacements, what's the use? Question, is it ALL the discs?- Standalone AND the Deluxe Edition?
Work in progress. Thanks.

Yes, the DVD-As in the Deluxe Edition and the standalone HFPA Blu-Ray are both affected.

Hey- After numerous back and forth emails to Bull Moose in regards to the replacement disc, they emailed me to confirm that replacements will be sent out.

I had to supply my address to- [email protected]
Which I promptly did.

Thank you Bull Moose!

Are they recalling the bad copies in the stores and online?

Heya Surround,

Don't think there is a major recall..........most stores are not even aware of the defect. Burning Shed is aware and they will be sending out replacements as they come in automatically as is their awesome koo customer service policy. Your best bet is to contact the email in the post above yours and give them your info, what ya have and address etc............Me thinks it is a send out replacements as they are produced. They are making a list.

These guys Universal customer service were really great with replacing my Rush DvDs from the Sector Boxes. :banana:

I received my dubious replacement copy of the standalone Blu-ray today from Amazon UK and it has the same matrix numbers as the original, so I do not think it is corrected. I shall try again....

have you played & compared it??

As far as I can tell its the same disc. Very low vocals in the center channel on the 5.1 mix and seems mono on the stereo mix. :violin

They definitely misunderstood your email - in that case, yeah write them back and explain a little more defined on what exactly you want replaced and why and with what...........

Hoping they did not make the same mistake with my email or anyone elses. :mad:@:

As far as I can tell its the same disc. Very low vocals in the center channel on the 5.1 mix and seems mono on the stereo mix. :violin

I didn't read through all the posts to see where you purchased yours...but I purchased mine through Grooves. Clint "I reckon so" Eastwood told me not to contact Grooves as they would be clueless (no offense Grooves), but to contact a fellow from the company that produced the disc. I did this and he informed me they are producing new ones and he would be in touch. Hopefully that will work...???

A friend of mine asked for an update and got this reply from Universal:

Thank you for your patience.

We have now received replacement parts and are currently in the process of packing up all replacements, as such they will be sent out together imminently.

As CSN once said "it's been a long time coming"
I'm glad I am not in the situation some people are in. Taken a very long time to replace this.

I received a confirmation email from Burning Shed about a week or so ago saying that all my discs and booklets are being replaced with new ones and are being sent out sometime this week. So, that means that they should be on their way.

Back