SPECWEB (Now 2.2)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi John. I'm not sure what that error would be.

Is the error during selection of a folder or file? Or during the 'convert' process?

Selection process - never got to try to convert

Are there any rules regarding what the folder is called or where it is ?

No. Can you provide the path maybe there is something strange.

Did you install the latest .net runtime from the link in an earlier post by me? What version of Windows are you using?

Ok let me install runtime - windows 10

Not the issue - was pretty sure had latest version

.NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

Path: is D:/Helper Tests

It does add the 1st song in the folder but not the rest

Let me try another album

Ok That works this time

so something about the original album

No idea what it could be

If you want to give me one of the flacs and I will check it out.

I will also review the code as I attempt to read the tags and get the current sample rate. So maybe there's an issue with those files that I can ignore.

Ok Helper worked fine except for one issue

I requested oversampling and resample MCH files to: 88.2 or 96kHz (Multiple of Source Rate)

The output files stayed at 176.4

Can send you a screenshot of the settings used and audio file properties

I've fixed all known the issues including the error message. It was related to the way I was handling non tagged files (a bug).

I am just testing after making a couple other changes including the not returning to original sample rate when that option was set in Preferences.

Here is an updated QQ SpecWeb Helper with a number of fixes:

(REMOVED - Updated version in post below)

Fixes:
Error if processing a file without tags
if using Over Sampling - the MCH file was always left at its up-sampled rate

Changes:
Added options to limit the Over Sample rate to x2 source rate

THX
Garry

Last edited:
For anyone that's just trying SpecWeb for the first time, here is my SpecWeb.ini (settings) file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B67BGVX7nHIlLUtYaXIyWmRIbnc/view?usp=sharing

If you are using SpecWeb Helper - copy to the Spec Helper folder, as the Helper conversion gets done in that folder and SpecWeb will use the SpecWeb.ini file if one is located in its source folder.

Or just copy that into your SpecWeb bin folder but you may want to copy the existing file to a safe place for reuse first.

Last edited:
QQSpec WebHelper Error:

Copying MCH file failed: Could not find the file: "C:\...\final.flac"

Can you post a capture of your preferences please (or email). It's possible I haven't tested all scenarios.

Ive added a new option to copy album art (folder.jpg) to new folders and tag the MCH file with the folder.jpg

I will upload once your issue is resolved.

Another update:

(REMOVED - Updated version in post below)

Fixes:
A copying file error

Changes:
Now copies any existing album art file (folder.jpg) from the Source (stereo) folder to any new MCH folder created for any album
Any new
MCH folder created is now named with '(upmix)' suffix
Option to tag the new MCH files with the
album art file (folder.jpg) located in the source (stereo) folder
The List of files to convert now shows current file highlighted and auto scrolls to current as list is processed.
Status text at bottom shows number of files in the List and now shows name of current file being processed.

THX
Garry

Last edited:
Have done some more testing and it's working great!

Nice touch to add the album art - I always did the extra step of running the conversion through Tagscanner to get back all the tagging info

This is way easier and faster..:)

Thanks!

Just DL'd SpecWeb, can't wait to use it. Ooo Ooo...what'll be the first album? :) Thanks for all the recommendations peeps, I'm excited to give this a spin.

Hmmm...interesting. So, just converted my first CD into 5.1 with quite impressive results. I just let it run on default settings. Question: I noticed that prior to conversion, the program seemed to analyse my audio playback system, which at this time is 2.0 (This is my pc I'm talking about, I just built a new pc last month with 7.1 audio out, but haven't yet upgraded the audio system...add it to the list). So does SBU set a default based on the system it detects? I'm curious about setting my own parameters once I play with this some more... I must say though, that for a first "test run" the results are better than a lot of commercially engineered 5.1 discs (Bowie comes to mind...love his stuff but the 5.1 mixes are really disappointing). Thanks

SpecWeb looks for all the audio devices so it can list them and let you choose which one to use. That's the only system "analyzing" it does. The SpecWeb Play shortcut defaults to audio device 1 (-P1) but you can edit it's properties to change it. Drag and drop a stereo file onto the SpecWeb shortcut and it will list all the options and sound devices (scroll up if needed).

By the way, 7.1 is possible (I have full version of Spec that does it). Just not sure what the demand is.

SpecWeb looks for all the audio devices so it can list them and let you choose which one to use. That's the only system "analyzing" it does. The SpecWeb Play shortcut defaults to audio device 1 (-P1) but you can edit it's properties to change it. Drag and drop a stereo file onto the SpecWeb shortcut and it will list all the options and sound devices (scroll up if needed).

By the way, 7.1 is possible (I have full version of Spec that does it). Just not sure what the demand is.

Thanks zeerround, I appreciate the info. I'll probably avoid the 7.1 at this time. My living room media center is where I enjoy all the sounds, but having built this new PC, I DO need to upgrade to a 5.1 system...although that means I'll probably spend even more time in my home office :-( At least that'll allow me to listen to the results on the fly instead of burning to a bluray and taking it to the media center for first listens. Being a 5.1 newbie I'll need to grow into the new hobby.

OK. By the way if you have a way to get audio from the new PC to the media center you can control SpecWeb remotely with a phone or tablet. You could sit in your 7.1 media center and "upmix" from your PC in the office.

OK. By the way if you have a way to get audio from the new PC to the media center you can control SpecWeb remotely with a phone or tablet. You could sit in your 7.1 media center and "upmix" from your PC in the office.

That's really cool. Currently I can stream from my pc to media center with Sonos, but Sonos can't handle the larger files, it typically chokes on anything over 1180k. How robust is SpecWeb? Can I load lets say 10 full lossless albums and walk away while it churns? Is there a limit to what it can handle? I mean right now I'm like a kid in a candy store with 5.1 possibilities running thru my brain...but I'll need to get picky soon and realize I can't logistically upmix my 4TB collection...

Back