• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SQ Wanted

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
synthgtr said:
would love to, but not living in MI currently... better change my profile..

I kinda meant for you to check it out on eBay, not here ... just giving you a point of reference for shipping. Mike.

Quadzilla said:
I kinda meant for you to check it out on eBay, not here ... just giving you a point of reference for shipping. Mike.

sweet unit but out of my budget currently....thx

rmberg said:
Look at ebay for JVC 4mm 1000 it got a sq decoder

I don't know that model, but JVC was very big into CD-4 and I don't recall them doing much (if anything) with SQ, so even if there is an SQ decoder I would be very surprised if it has any logic. I had a JVC receiver once that had a built-in CD-4 demodulator and two matrix positions (marked Matrix 1 and Matrix 2). I could never figure out which, if either, was SQ and QS. If my SQD-2010 is too expensive at $100, then I would check out the SQ-L you were offered, rather than any JVC unit ... certainly if SQ is what you are looking for. Mike.

Quadzilla said:
I don't know that model, but JVC was very big into CD-4 and I don't recall them doing much (if anything) with SQ, so even if there is an SQ decoder I would be very surprised if it has any logic. I had a JVC receiver once that had a built-in CD-4 demodulator and two matrix positions (marked Matrix 1 and Matrix 2). I could never figure out which, if either, was SQ and QS. If my SQD-2010 is too expensive at $100, then I would check out the SQ-L you were offered, rather than any JVC unit ... certainly if SQ is what you are looking for. Mike.
he wants almost as much.... I'd rather stretch for the Sony. how much to ship to 84074

I have a Sony SQ 2020 which I will sell you. First, a BIG caveat. This unit needs the attention of Quad Bob. It is dropping out on one channel while in SQ mode. I am not a technician, therefore I depend on Quad Bob for this type repair.

Make me an offer.

MTGC (Michael)

mtgc said:
I have a Sony SQ 2020 which I will sell you. First, a BIG caveat. This unit needs the attention of Quad Bob. It is dropping out on one channel while in SQ mode. I am not a technician, therefore I depend on Quad Bob for this type repair.

Make me an offer.

MTGC (Michael)

I appreciate the offer however I have never dealt with Quad Bob and would have no idea what to offer and what to expect to fix it.
THX :rolleyes:

synthgtr said:
I appreciate the offer however I have never dealt with Quad Bob and would have no idea what to offer and what to expect to fix it.
THX :rolleyes:

Synthgtr:
Maybe you know this already, but in case you don't, "QuadBob" is one of the prime guys on this forum. He specializes in restoring and repairing old quad gear, like the Sansui's. His reputation here is impeccable. I had him restore my Sansui QRX receiver that I bought in '79 and about a yr ago, an Audionics SQ Space & Image Composer.

You may find it beneficial or at least VERY informative by contacting him. He can at least guide you on what pieces to consider and advantages/disadvantages of each as well as ballpark values. Having more info is always preferable to less. If you are already an experienced quaddie, keep in mind, I'm just trying to be helpful..

ss9001

Last edited:
You will find Quad Bob to be a very nice guy. He is pleasant to talk to and most informative on most all subjects having to do with vintage quad gear, especially Sansui!

He just finished two pieces for me, a Sansui QS-D1000 and the first quad receiver I bought over 30 years ago, a JVC top of the line that needed help when I sent it to him. He replaced all the caps & worked his magic on both pieces.

Now the system is better than I ever remembered it. Everything works 100%

Three Thumbs up for Quad Bob (y) (y) (y)

ss9001 said:
Synthgtr:
Maybe you know this already, but in case you don't, "QuadBob" is one of the prime guys on this forum. He specializes in restoring and repairing old quad gear, like the Sansui's. His reputation here is impeccable. I had him restore my Sansui QRX receiver that I bought in '79 and about a yr ago, an Audionics SQ Space & Image Composer.

You may find it beneficial or at least VERY informative by contacting him. He can at least guide you on what pieces to consider and advantages/disadvantages of each as well as ballpark values. Having more info is always preferable to less. If you are already an experienced quaddie, keep in mind, I'm just trying to be helpful..

ss9001

not that knowledgeable yet, and I thank you for your response :sun

$75 Isn't too out of line for an SQ-L. They very rarely pop up on ebay. SQ-W's go for $200 and up.

If money is tight, do you have anything to trade? I'll take DTS discs, Q8's, Reels, CD-4 or the passenger side mirror to a '73 Javelin AMX :)

rmberg said:
Re: SQ Wanted

The JVC item is at:http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7509685776&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:NL:1

The Matrix 1 and two are special for playing SQ, like it says in the JVC catalog. :)

Gee rmberg ... that wouldn't be YOUR JVC unit, would it? I think it might be ... and this unit CANNOT have an SQ Logic decoder. JVC supported CD-4, and as such they had no reason to sell technology that would give better SQ performance. It would have been against their entire business strategy.

Back