• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SQ Wanted

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if there are any rules in this forum concerning pushing your own product, but if there isn't, there should be, as it seems to me at least, to be a bit unfair to be promoting your own product to another member.

My two cents worth.

MTGC (Michael)

I don't see a problem with a mamber selling his equipment to another member. The problem I see in this thread is that the seller never identified himself as the seller. Had rmberg explained that he was the seller of this ebay item, I would not see any problem here. rmberg should have been more up front with his position in this possible exchange.

Besides, 75.00 Euro = about 100.00 U$.

I can't imaging paying $100.00 for the "SQ Decoder" in the JVC 4mm 1000.

There are better ones available with a little patience.

mtgc said:
I don't know if there are any rules in this forum concerning pushing your own product, but if there isn't, there should be, as it seems to me at least, to be a bit unfair to be promoting your own product to another member.

My two cents worth.

MTGC (Michael)

Point taken, but the original post said "LOOKING to buy a SQ decoder with logic, anyone have one they can part with?", and merely pointed out that I had one on eBay. I apologize if I offended anyone, but we do have a "Swap Meet" section dedicated to just that.

Moderator, please delete my offending posts. Mike.

Quadzilla said:
Point taken, but the original post said "LOOKING to buy a SQ decoder with logic, anyone have one they can part with?", and merely pointed out that I had one on eBay. I apologize if I offended anyone, but we do have a "Swap Meet" section dedicated to just that.

Moderator, please delete my offending posts. Mike.

Mike
Your up front statement of your auction could not have offended anyone, this is a swap/sell format as I understand it, I do feel that the other poster was trying to deceive especially since his unit does not have SQ LOGIC.
Please don't stop posting helpful and honest oppurtunities. :sun

Last edited:
dear synthgtr, I really don't care what you think about me but accusing me of deceiving is something you should not do without asking yourself or me whether it's true what you say.
The manual for the JVC 4mm 1000 says QUOTE: Matrix 2 shoulb be selected to play records that incorporate any matrix system. It is compatable with all manufactures' matrix systems.

And in the catalog it says, QUOTE:Matrix 1/ Matrix 2- 4 channel decoders for SQ and all other matrix coded sources.

I have a JVC with the same SQ decoder. It does a fair job on SQ, but I also have a TATE II that is far superior!

I am not familiar with which units have "Logic" and which ones don't have "Logic". But, listening to the several decoders I own, I can imagine that the TATE II has "Logic" and the JVC does not, though they both have the ability to decode SQ. One is better than the other.

But I am no technichian.

rmberg said:
dear synthgtr, I really don't care what you think about me but accusing me of deceiving is something you should not do without asking yourself or me whether it's true what you say.
The manual for the JVC 4mm 1000 says QUOTE: Matrix 2 shoulb be selected to play records that incorporate any matrix system. It is compatable with all manufactures' matrix systems.

And in the catalog it says, QUOTE:Matrix 1/ Matrix 2- 4 channel decoders for SQ and all other matrix coded sources.

Point taken, however I asked for a SQ decoder w/logic, not just the ability to decode SQ, I've had the non-logic decoders and was not impressed. Also it is common courtesy to claim ownership of an auction when recomending it to someone else, especially here in America, otherwise we tend to feel deceived, perhaps a cultural thing. But if you don't want to deceive anyone than just be upfront with them, I would of surely felt better if you had. In the over all scope of things I would like to thank you for pointing out the auction piece.

I have three Lafayette SQ-W 's available. I have not checked them out as yet. However , if someone is interested I will do so promptly. Make an offer.

synthgtr said:
LOOKING to buy a SQ decoder with logic, anyone have one they can part with?

I currently have three Lafayette SQ-W's.They are currently being serviced by ElectraSound, a highly respected service center, and should be available by mid June. They will be offered with a 6 month warranty. I have other decoders available which are listed in SWAP MEET under "Decoders Available".

Last edited:
Back