Stereo to Quad Question?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

Varian

Hi,
I have a question about Stereo to Quadraphonic Conversion. I had a question. I have an Ipod and have Snoop Dogg Song on it. If I where to record the Snoop Dogg Songs from the Ipod to a reel to reel Quadraphonic tape record would it play in Quadraphonic sound then? How would I do Stereo to Quadraphonic Conversion? Also If I put Quadraphonic records and reel to reel Quadraphonic tape on an Ipod would it play on the Ipod in Quadraphonic sound? How would I get them to play on an Ipod in Quadraphonic sound? Email me back.

Thanks,
Varian

Hi,
I have a question about Stereo to Quadraphonic Conversion. I had a question. I have an Ipod and have Snoop Dogg Song on it. If I where to record the Snoop Dogg Songs from the Ipod to a reel to reel Quadraphonic tape record would it play in Quadraphonic sound then? How would I do Stereo to Quadraphonic Conversion? Also If I put Quadraphonic records and reel to reel Quadraphonic tape on an Ipod would it play on the Ipod in Quadraphonic sound? How would I get them to play on an Ipod in Quadraphonic sound? Email me back.

Thanks,
Varian

Let's take this step by step:

1. The song on your IPod is probably in mp3 format. When working from stereo, you do not want to start in working from mp3 as source. This sort of work is going to quickly reveal the limitations of mp3. Utilize your ripping program of choice to burn a lossless wav copy of the song you're looking to work on.

2. If you're looking to go from stereo to surround, a visit to www.surroundbyus.com is what you need. It won't automatically help you go to four channels, if that's what you desire, but you could work on mixing your center channel back into your fronts outside of SPEC, if that's what you desire. In my opinion, this music would sound much better in 5.1 than in 4.0. Modern music deserves modern surround.

3. As I answered in the other thread, I don't see how transcoding to mp3 would affect quad encoding. I can imagine that, if decoding through one of those receiver modes is your thing, that plugging in your IPod to the USB in your receiver would do the trick just fine. Playing mp3s through anything but a set of headphones, though? Not anything I'd ever do.

I hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back