Sting in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO DISC RELEASE?
cat-meme.gif

will check out tho 👍

BTW in case anyone was curious, the Atmos mixing engineer on both albums is Robert Orton, never heard of him
Looks like a 15 year old kid (probably says more about my advanced years than his though!)

Some notes from RT's link :unsure:

Robert Orton is a producer and three-time Grammy Award winning mixer. He has mixed numerous No. 1's and worked on records that have sold in their millions. Highly sought after in the business, he has brought his touch to many hits, for a long list of artists including Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, Carly Rae Jepsen, Lana Del Rey, Robin Thicke and many others. 🤨

I always thought those dts Sting MC titles sounded slightly bright and a little harsh to me, so I'll need to check out this Apple stuff.

Surprised to see he engineered and mixed The Police: Certifiable (Album). If that photo on his website is current, he must have been like 12 when Certifiable came out??

I would love to pick up Ten Summoner's Tales on Blu-ray with Atmos - I really like the existing 5.1 mix but wished there was a DVD-A or SACD version to compare to the dts to see if the better fidelity would result in an overall improved experience.

Are these exclusive to Apple? Anyone see them on Tidal?

Well, good ’ole Gordie has always had state of the art productions and this ain’t no exception….this, as most of his solo work, was recorded using mostly his Synclavier which albeit being an “early digital” 48K/16bit recording sounds quite heavenly …so , no, a BD would not make much of a difference…

Last edited:
I would love to pick up Ten Summoner's Tales on Blu-ray with Atmos - I really like the existing 5.1 mix but wished there was a DVD-A or SACD version to compare to the dts to see if the better fidelity would result in an overall improved experience.
A lossless version of the original 5.1 mix of “If I Ever Lose My Faith In You” does exist and can be found on a promo DVD-Audio sampler. If I remember correctly, the track was presented in 24/48.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...mo-sampler-gallery-with-scans.9816/post-98850

Surprised to see he engineered and mixed The Police: Certifiable (Album). If that photo on his website is current, he must have been like 12 when Certifiable came out??

I actually think the surround mix on the Certifiable BD is really good but just because he's credited as the mixer for the Certifiable album (meaning stereo vinyl I assume) am I safe to assume he also mixed the surround BD?

Back