Streaming multichannel in car audio?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

jwckauman

Does anyone know if the streaming music services that provide immersive audio and/or Dolby Atmos, can be listened to in car audio systems that support multi-channel? I just pre-ordered a 2023 TLX Advance package with the ELS 3D Premium Audio system (17 speakers!) and am curious to see what it can and cannot do. My current car is a 2011 TSX with 5.1 support via DVD-AUDIO/DTS. With a lot of the immersive and Atmos mixes coming via streaming only, i am wondering if i have any options to enjoy those in my new car...

Cheezmo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star

LennonCobain

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Does anyone know if the streaming music services that provide immersive audio and/or Dolby Atmos, can be listened to in car audio systems that support multi-channel? I just pre-ordered a 2023 TLX Advance package with the ELS 3D Premium Audio system (17 speakers!) and am curious to see what it can and cannot do. My current car is a 2011 TSX with 5.1 support via DVD-AUDIO/DTS. With a lot of the immersive and Atmos mixes coming via streaming only, i am wondering if i have any options to enjoy those in my new car...
My 2022 Acura MDX A-spec does not support multichannel via Apple CarPlay. The only choice I have is to “get creative” and find a way to convert those Atmos and 360 RA mixes to 5.1 FLAC to listen in the car via USB audio.
:)

jamesc

QQ Supporter
I don't understand why Dolby hasn't pushed Atmos harder in autos. It seems like a great solution to the problem of the average person not being able to hear Atmos mixes properly because they don't have the space, cash, tech savvy or desire to put a dedicated system in their home. The car is such a great place to experience surround sound so it seems like they should make a greater effort to get Atmos into as many cars as possible, not just luxury cars. I mean, if they want the format to take off, that is...

jwckauman

My 2022 Acura MDX A-spec does not support multichannel via Apple CarPlay. The only choice I have is to “get creative” and find a way to convert those Atmos and 360 RA mixes to 5.1 FLAC to listen in the car via USB audio.
:)
let me know if you have any success "getting creative". they recently released Seal in Dolby Atmos for Apple Music only and i've love to hear that in my car. I dont have any Apple devices other than an Android app with an Apple Music subscription so no idea what that's good for...