Sylvania Model DQ3700 Disc Demodulator CD-4 - brand new, what is it worth?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleD

My Father In Law recently discovered a brand new, never been used Sylvania DQ3700 Disc Demodulator. He is remodeling his house, and found this unit, with all of the accompanying accessories and manuals stored in a closet in a spare bedroom. He asked me to see if I could find out what the value of the unit is, and I thought that the knowledgable minds here on QQ could lend a hand.

I have seen them for sale on eBay for around $100, and I have discovered that they were produced under a few different brand names (JVC, etc...), but have not seen another Sylvania model for sale. Is one brand name worht more than another? Is the $75 - $100 pricing on eBay accurate? Is eBay the best place to sell this item, or is a site like QQ a better option?

I have taken several pictures of this unit, along with the CD-4 Demodulator Adjustment Record, original owners manual/set up instructions fold out, and the original RCA jacks provided, and have attached a few to share with those DQ3700 1.jpgDQ3700 2.jpgDQ3700 7.jpgDQ3700 3.jpginterested

Any help is greatly appreciated!

DD

PS - I am really intrigued by all of the info on this site....I do not consider myself an audiophile, but I can certainly appreciate good quality sound when listening to music or watching movies (y)

DQ-3700 is a JVC 4-DD5. I don't know if the JVC brand name is more desirable. I bought a DQ-3700 new 37 years ago. It still works.

Welcome to QQ, Double D.

Linda
My Father In Law recently discovered a brand new, never been used Sylvania DQ3700 Disc Demodulator. He is remodeling his house, and found this unit, with all of the accompanying accessories and manuals stored in a closet in a spare bedroom. He asked me to see if I could find out what the value of the unit is, and I thought that the knowledgable minds here on QQ could lend a hand.

I have seen them for sale on eBay for around $100, and I have discovered that they were produced under a few different brand names (JVC, etc...), but have not seen another Sylvania model for sale. Is one brand name worht more than another? Is the $75 - $100 pricing on eBay accurate? Is eBay the best place to sell this item, or is a site like QQ a better option?

I have taken several pictures of this unit, along with the CD-4 Demodulator Adjustment Record, original owners manual/set up instructions fold out, and the original RCA jacks provided, and have attached a few to share with those View attachment 4184View attachment 4185View attachment 4186View attachment 4187interested

Any help is greatly appreciated!

DD

PS - I am really intrigued by all of the info on this site....I do not consider myself an audiophile, but I can certainly appreciate good quality sound when listening to music or watching movies (y)

I think you guys should keep it and set up a full blown quad system that will play all of the different formats so you can experience the wonderfulness of quadraphonics and be happy.

\:^)

Doug

Great suggestion, Doug. I meant to suggest that as well. A modern surround system with a six-channel input could also accommodate that unit, which is how I'm using mine these days.

Linda
I think you guys should keep it and set up a full blown quad system that will play all of the different formats so you can experience the wonderfulness of quadraphonics and be happy.

\:^)

Doug

Ya, that too. \:^)

I guess I wasn't too helpful regarding value of the unit.

Since it really IS a JVC 4-DD5, look at how much they have been going for lately. If you were to state that it is the same thing as a 4-DD5 buyers may be willing to pay the same price.

Selling the point it is new will help get the price up but you never know in auctions. It all depends on who happens to see it.

You're idea of offering it here first is a good one. This is, after all, where all the quad nuts hang out. I am proud to say I am one of them!

I already have 2 demodulators though.

Doug

Back