The week of the Tates

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Dman - Damn - Damn! You are really tempting me....

("I have to be good, I have to be good") :D

Man, you let the cat out of the bag consistently. Every time a rare item pops up on ebay you tell everyone. That just "jacks" up the price! Give the average "joe" a chance to win something special. Yeah, most may know the item is up for auction, but a person with a deep pocket may not see it and well......gives better odds to the less fortunate.

Okay, I will no longer note on this thread when a Tate comes up, although they've been selling for record low prices. I just though it worth mentioning on the e-Bay thread how many had been up this week, pretty amazing. My only intent was to let board members in on something they may have missed, I certainly have benefitted when someone pointed out a cool item that I hadn't seen myself. Every quad person for themselves from now on.

Please don't stop! I think it is a great service to let the board members know about this stuff. Most of the time I'm not interested in buying but it's cool to see what is available and what it sells for, and it saves me from searching myself. It is a convenience and it is fun. I really don't think it is going to make any difference on the outcome of the auction, and even if it does, so what? That just means someone from our board got the item instead of some anonymous schmoe. (y)

The S&IC didn't meet reserve but bidding was furious towards the end. It's a heck of a nice looking unit.....wonder if the lucky highest bidder will get it or will it be re-listed.....stay tuned!!!

Dave.

hello all

Here in the UK it appears impossible to obtain Tate's or their like. As I believe, it only requires the filling in of a simple customs form. (correct me if this is wrong), wouldn't some kind folks over there take pity on us poor Brits.

I am, yours hopefully,

Jeff

sspsandy said:
2 more just showed up, a silver one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058714053&category=14978
and a black one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058719361&category=14978
I'm surprised there are this many still floating around out there, they can't have made all that many to begin with. Add to that the Audionics S&IC that was for sale, it must be breaking some kind of e-bay record. :spot

What got me is that the silver one had a reserve of 45 bucks??? They do NOT know what they are selling...

I still break out in heaving sobs of despair at the most inopportune times.

People stare and children point.

But, it's okay.... they just don't understand.

I saw the Web site for the used goody store based in San Diego. They had a Tate for $50.... and the text with the picture indicated they had no idea what it was other than some type of audio device.

I e-mailed to buy it but was told it sold a couple days earlier and they hadn't had the time to remove the item from the site and apologized for not having done so yet.

Sniff.

Sob.

I need a dancing banana to cheer me up.

Then, when I also think of the Plymouth Superbird I passed up in 1974, when the gas crisis caused the price of large-engined cars to plummet.... when I think of the Tate AND that Superbird for sale at $1,800 and seeing recent 'birds selling upwards of $100,000 in really nice shape I begin to convulse and drool and make a general public nuiscance of myself.

Sniff.

Got a hanky? I feel a tear running down my chubby cheeks.

Sniff.

This vocator dude is bidding on both these Tates, 1 day to go and they're hovering at around $250.00. Someone has got to snag one of them, this guy guaranteed is going to resell them later. Time to bag that silver one.

It is interesting that the silver one went for $407.00 and the black one went for $623.00. Makes me kinda glad that I own a black one after all. :sun

sspsandy said:
It is interesting that the silver one went for $407.00 and the black one went for $623.00. Makes me kinda glad that I own a black one after all. :sun

I was surprised by that too... go figure. Still too rich for my blood though. I'm having second thoughts on getting a silver one. Yeah, it would look nice, but what the heck. The black one I have works flawlessly.

Back