Today I Discovered Busses and Send Busses Exist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I've been there too - amazing to think that your mix session for The Golden Bonana had separate reverb plugins on every track insert?! I'm surprised your computer didn't slow down or crash.

Finding out about mix/edit groups and VCA faders is another "holy crap" moment, if you haven't discovered them already. Time compression expansion and elastic audio were also big ones for me.

Haha, I've been there too - amazing to think that your mix session for The Golden Bonana had separate reverb plugins on every track insert?! I'm surprised your computer didn't slow down or crash.
If you look back in the bonana thread, you'll find my computer did crash and refused to open the project file for track 5 because of the amount of reverb and other effects I had on each element! :ROFLMAO: That explains it!

How dumb am I to not know this existed? Like I literally made TWO albums without using them. This would have made my life a billion times easier.

Wow yeah, I don't think you could get very far with a surround mix without bus and subgroup routing! And side-chain routing and... All the sends for ambience elements...

Wait till you discover what you can do with parallel subgroups! :)

FYI, Reaper DAW has the most unrestricted and comprehensive routing I've ever used.

Parallel work has been a crutch for me for a while now. After the multitrack (drums up to 16 channels, some other instruments with 2 or 3 mics, etc) and a few rounds of overdubs and getting various parallel busing going, the mixing board easily grows to 300 or more tracks.

Last edited:
Back